Haynes-type Manual for VN750? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Big Dumb Viking
 
asbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)
 
Send a message via AIM to asbrand Send a message via MSN to asbrand Send a message via Yahoo to asbrand
Haynes-type Manual for VN750?

Is there a Haynes-type manual out there for the VN750?

Not the parts manual that's floating around...I have that.

I mean one that tells you how to work on the bike, where things go, what to check, etc...like the Haynes books for cars.

.
.
.
-Az
http://www.asbrand.com

1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Upgrades so Far:
Coastered
R/R relocated
Analog Voltmeter
PFIII Windshield
RAM GPS Mount w/Garmin GPS
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
Saddlemen's Classic Explorer Seat
Pro-Tac Driver's Backrest
LED Tail Light
LED Rear Turn Signals
Luggage Rack
Storage Trunk
Engine Guard w/Highway Pegs
Radiator Grill Cover
Turn Signal Relocation Bracket
Saddlebags
Floorboards
asbrand is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
denny6006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: InezKY pop.600
Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (9)
     
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrand View Post
Is there a Haynes-type manual out there for the VN750?

Not the parts manual that's floating around...I have that.

I mean one that tells you how to work on the bike, where things go, what to check, etc...like the Haynes books for cars.
Yeah, one is floating around here, you want it?Pay whatever shipping costs and it's yours ,Merry Christmas,good enough?




If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot



Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
denny6006 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Young Gun
 
kc_matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 213
iTrader: (3)
 
Take that deal!

I have and use the Clymer manual all the time. Find it here.

1990 VN 750
First (hopefully last) time in the shop:
Carb rebuild New brakes front and back New radiator fan
I've done:
Spline Lube New (used - non-leaky) Gas Tank New Fork Seals New Pirelli tires New Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery
Fresh Dexcool coolant Upgraded Shunt-type R/R (Relocated) Headlight Bypass Stator tested - PASSED
Clutch Swap - EBC Street Racer Frictions with new eBayed steels ACCT to MCCT conversion
kc_matt is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Big Dumb Viking
 
asbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)
 
Send a message via AIM to asbrand Send a message via MSN to asbrand Send a message via Yahoo to asbrand
Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Yeah, one is floating around here, you want it?Pay whatever shipping costs and it's yours ,Merry Christmas,good enough?
Excellent. Thank you sir. PM coming your way..

.
.
.
-Az
http://www.asbrand.com

1989 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Upgrades so Far:
Coastered
R/R relocated
Analog Voltmeter
PFIII Windshield
RAM GPS Mount w/Garmin GPS
Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter
Saddlemen's Classic Explorer Seat
Pro-Tac Driver's Backrest
LED Tail Light
LED Rear Turn Signals
Luggage Rack
Storage Trunk
Engine Guard w/Highway Pegs
Radiator Grill Cover
Turn Signal Relocation Bracket
Saddlebags
Floorboards
asbrand is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Linkmeister Supreme
 
OlHossCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,960
iTrader: (8)
   
Haynes manuals available here too:
http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/399

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15


TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
OlHossCanada is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)
 
Clymer manuals are generally far better than the 'haynes book of lies'-its certainly been the case for all the ones i have compared.
The clymer manul for the vn is excellent
SidecarJon is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
denny6006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: InezKY pop.600
Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (9)
     
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Haynes manuals available here too:
http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarJon View Post
Clymer manuals are generally far better than the 'haynes book of lies'-its certainly been the case for all the ones i have compared.
The clymer manul for the vn is excellent
but nobody else offered him a free one of either,clymers or haynes!




If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot



Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
denny6006 is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Linkmeister Supreme
 
OlHossCanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7,960
iTrader: (8)
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Haynes manuals available here too:
http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/399
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarJon View Post
Clymer manuals are generally far better than the 'haynes book of lies'-its certainly been the case for all the ones i have compared.
The clymer manul for the vn is excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
but nobody else offered him a free one of either,clymers or haynes!
I have the paper back Clymers, and the TOC online Kawi service manuals for the bike. I have a couple of Haynes manuals among a dozen or so service manuals for autos that I or my kids used to own. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses IMO.

Some folks have mentioned that they have 3 or 4 various manuals for their bike, and all have different takes on how to do things. Asbrand asked about a Haynes manual specificly, and denny offered one for the cost of shipping. I only posted the Haynes link for anyone else who might be looking for one. I appreciate links by others, as I often don`t find what I want in a search. Just saying.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15


TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9127
OlHossCanada is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs
 
denny6006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: InezKY pop.600
Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (9)
     
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
I have the paper back Clymers, and the TOC online Kawi service manuals for the bike. I have a couple of Haynes manuals among a dozen or so service manuals for autos that I or my kids used to own. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses IMO.

Some folks have mentioned that they have 3 or 4 various manuals for their bike, and all have different takes on how to do things. Asbrand asked about a Haynes manual specificly, and denny offered one for the cost of shipping. I only posted the Haynes link for anyone else who might be looking for one. I appreciate links by others, as I often don`t find what I want in a search. Just saying.
I was just hacking on you boys ,I also have another factory manual that I use,I know you were just being helpful,I expect nothing less from you Hoss,no offense meant.Shoot you have even taught this hillbilly to write semi-coherently,




If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot



Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
denny6006 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Once registered, your User Name"cannot be changed". We can make exceptions within 7 days, but after that, it is set in stone.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome