Rudeness - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Rudeness

Do you guys ever get rudeness when you're out and about?

I was filling the tank the other day and a guy goes, "nice bike," I thanked him and he asked me how fast it goes. I said it would do a buck fifty. He asked if I ever had it up that high and I said no. He asked what I have had it up to and I said, "bout a buck ten." So he says, "Well I guess it doesn't matter either way, a buck 50 or a buck 10. You're dead either way." I just stared at the guy as he got back in his minivan thinking 'WTF dude?'

Then I'm in the work parking lot last week and these 2 dudes get out of their car. The one guy says, "Yeah we were just talking about that, how you don't need a helmet in PA." I told him he was right, that it's not mandatory. The other guy says, "Ah you like to take risks." So I said, "Well it's a calculated risk." So the other dude says, "Pshsh yeah right" all cocky. Again I was like 'WTF dude!?'

You guys ever rudeness when you're out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to cglennon
Not in Oregon. Thankfully. In Oregon, cagers graciously yield right of way to everything with two legs or two wheels (motorized or not). They actually participate in 'polite offs' at four way stops, where all cagers wave the two wheeler through. It took this Bostonian quite a while to get use to it. On the East Coast right of way always goes to the heaviest vehicle driven by the person with the highest level of road rage and anything with two legs or two wheels are viewed as targets. It is one reason I waited 45 years to get my endorsement.

Chris Glennon - Portland, OR
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Mostly just laughs and one finger waves from big bike riders when I'm on the Rebel and wave to them.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Banned

Tailgaters mostly.... The other day a passing car threw something out the widow at us, hit my wife in the arm.....left a nice welt too.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitecontrol View Post
Mostly just laughs and one finger waves from big bike riders when I'm on the Rebel and wave to them.
I got the wife a Rebel. I have to say, it's a cool little bike.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mazdaracer4fun Send a message via Yahoo to Mazdaracer4fun
only rudeness i get is from my stepfather (who owns a 1500 harley softtail mind you.) "that for your girlfriend??" lol

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariv View Post
Tailgaters mostly.... The other day a passing car threw something out the widow at us, hit my wife in the arm.....left a nice welt too.
Time to put a throttle lock on, then raise both hands off the grips and high into the air while waving them. Maybe that will get the attention of the a$$hat behind you.

I have been thinking about the loudspeakers you can get for cars with several different sounds to use as a horn. Has anyone ever seen or heard of a machine gun sound option for one of these set-ups?

I`m thinking the sound of a .50 cal Browning might get attention even when a Stebel air horn fails! LOL

End of hi-jack. Back to the regularly schedule program.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:23 PM

I mainly just get comments on how I don't look old enough to have a drivers license, let alone on a "big bike" like mine(It's fits me perfectly in my opinion). I'm 22 but I guess I look like I'm 12...Oh well. Oh and I always get comments about me being a woman on a cruiser...Get that a lot at gas stations.

They're just jealous though.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Hey Mike....Not sayin' it's right, but we live in the Delaware Valley....goes with the territory.
I write it off as jealousy/envy. The HD drivers spent 4X what I spent and I keep up with them very nicely thank you.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 06:20 PM

What Oregon are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglennon View Post
Not in Oregon. Thankfully. In Oregon, cagers graciously yield right of way to everything with two legs or two wheels (motorized or not). They actually participate in 'polite offs' at four way stops, where all cagers wave the two wheeler through. It took this Bostonian quite a while to get use to it. On the East Coast right of way always goes to the heaviest vehicle driven by the person with the highest level of road rage and anything with two legs or two wheels are viewed as targets. It is one reason I waited 45 years to get my endorsement.
I hope you're being sarcastic because OR drivers that cross the border into WA are the biggest bunch of A holes on the road. Speeding, tailgating, disrespecting most traffic laws on the WA side. A speeding OR driver killed my sister in law.

I ride/drive 350 miles each week to work and if there's a butt head on the interstate, 9 out of 10 times, it's OR plates especially if there's a game at UDUB or other sport arena.

DT

95 VN750 (eBay)31k+
GL1100 front fender
OEM engine guard
OEM high back rest
'V-Twin' HWY pegs
Black 750 Spectre handlebars
SunPro Volt Meter (Amazon)
Maier bug shield (JCW)
Bar Ends anti-vibe (JCW)
Emgo air filters
Tank bag-Eclipse