-----The Gathering--2010----A List----???? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Question -----The Gathering--2010----A List----????

I know its in the other forum but seems no one else is responding there, and I'm not into the Yahoo Group...
But I would like to know who is going as I think I might be able to make this one if the weather and other things co-operate...lol...
If I still would be welcome, once I got there I could cover my Sportster and no one would know...lol...
I just would like to meet some of you nice folks as the last member I started out to meet was when I wrecked Clyde and didn't make it to Lynchburg Tn. to meet him (Dragonrider)...
I was just thinking a list of those going here on this forum might be of some benefit to others also...
Another question---Is the Aug. 25-29 5 days, if so I would only want to stay a couple or so, so which would be the best 2-3 days to stay...???
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
dang it, my bike is not up to it again this year again I thinl and if it was I'm taking over as store manager at a new CVS the 22nd and wouldnt get vaca that short after taking over plus the kids start school the 25th. maybe next year!!!

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM

There is the yearly VROC over there in Arkansas. Its in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Here is the link: http://www.vroc-reunion.com/. I am going to try to make this one. Its only about 3 hours away. Something always comes up. Hopefully, I will make it this year.

VROC Number: 31246
2003 Kawasaki VN750 SOLD
2006 Honda VTX1800C

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 PM

I am going, though not on the Vulcan (It is waiting for me to pull the engine and replace the stator), I will be on my Victory TC. I know Diane and Pick are coming.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
I know its in the other forum but seems no one else is responding there, and I'm not into the Yahoo Group...
But I would like to know who is going as I think I might be able to make this one if the weather and other things co-operate...lol...
If I still would be welcome, once I got there I could cover my Sportster and no one would know...lol...
I just would like to meet some of you nice folks as the last member I started out to meet was when I wrecked Clyde and didn't make it to Lynchburg Tn. to meet him (Dragonrider)...
I was just thinking a list of those going here on this forum might be of some benefit to others also...
Another question---Is the Aug. 25-29 5 days, if so I would only want to stay a couple or so, so which would be the best 2-3 days to stay...???
Thanks and have a good one...Old Dog...
Hey OD, you better go shopping and get yourself a couple of vn750.com t-shirts and and ball cap with the logo too.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
Hey OD, you better go shopping and get yourself a couple of vn750.com t-shirts and and ball cap with the logo too.
First, How is that leg doing since your last surgery...???? Dang Hoss I sure feel for you... Prayers and best wishes to you...

Ha, ha, OHC I don't wear much in the way of advertisment stuff, when I bought my 03 VN750 the shop gave me a black Kaw. t-shirt which I got in the wifes size and she wears it, around the house mostly...lol...
I did however pick up a HD cap at a little convenience store for $5 (I don't buy $30 caps), and did a donation to the disabled Veterans and got a USA cap, gotta cover my ugly bushy head with something when I take my fullface helmet off it looks like a stump full of gray grandaddys...lol...
I don't even have a HD license plate on my car or PU, I do have a Rebel flag on the back of my vest because I are one, and also that is our HS team Go Franklin Co. "Rebels"...lol......
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
gotta cover my ugly bushy head with something when I take my fullface helmet off it looks like a stump full of gray grandaddys...lol...
Ha ha! I had that same problem when I had more hair. Now I keep it about a half inch from the skull. Doesn't look as gray and I don't get helmet head so bad!

Boy oh boy, I wish I could go to the gathering. It's been a ridiculously busy election year and we aren't done yet. We've got an election going on right now, one in September, then the big November election so my "free" time is going to be limited to an occasional weekend here and there. I might be able to pull off a weekend to go to Eureka Springs for the VROC gathering, but even that is iffy. I'd love to meet up with Dianna and give her the hug I owe her! Of course, as sweaty as I get riding right now, she might run screaming...

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I'm about 60/40 of going right now Old Dog. Work got in the way of my plans to ride up to Sturgis this week and it may get in the way of The Gathering as well. If I do make it, it will probably be arriving Friday and leaving out Sunday and I will be on my Sportster as well. The Gathering I made in 2004 had other bikes than just 750's so it's all good, just a great group of folks (although Pick is questionable) and it is a great resort...........
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 11:14 AM

The Gathering is a great time if you can make it. I have been for the past two years, but can't go this year. Good people and some nice riding. Don't worry about the bike. Lots of people have moved onto other bikes, but keep coming for the company. Heck, we had two Goldwingers making us capuccinos at the rest stops last year!

The first couple of days people trickle in. The best thing would be to travel there on Thursday and leave to go home Sunday morning. There should be rides planned for Friday and Saturday, and you have to be there for the big pot luck dinner/raffle drawing on Saturday night. Everyone bugs out early on Sunday morning. The cabins are perfectly adequate for two people (with good AC!) so you can double up and save $. If you need a roommate check the YAHOO site or contact Dianna or Pick. Someone is usually looking to share a cabin.

If you go here are a few helpful hints.

Bring something bike-related to donate to the big raffle. Cans of seafoam, cleaners, bling parts, clothing, your bike... whatever you want to donate. The raffle finances this and buys some of the food for Saturday.

Bring some food items for your cabin. There are stocked kitchens with microwaves and coffee makers. There is the possibility of Dianna's biscuts and gravy in the morning, if you're quick, and of course some eating out, but you may need to be able to have a meal or two in your cabin.

Bring swimming stuff. The lake is nice and practically right outside the door. I have no knowledge of this year's plan, but last year Pick drove and brought two jet skis. Big fun!

Bring come cash. You will want to buy raffle tickets, and be able to donate to the cause for jet ski gas or boat rental and gas or just whatever activity gets planned.

If you go you will have a good time, and you will make some new friends, guaranteed.

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Search Goddess

I'll be there of course. And yes, all bikes are welcome.

Dianna
Conway, AR
Patriot Guard Rider
2000 VN750 Sere (Serendipity)
1990 GL1500 (Ole Blue)
1986 VN750 EVie (project bike, heavy custom)
VROC # 11628 / 25000-H
ARVROC # 12 Coordinator and Crowd Control
OKVROC # 18 (H)
TNVROC # 45 (H)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement