Thinking of going to the Darkside - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Thinking of going to the Darkside

Nope, not tires.

I have a good option on a nearly new GSX650F, which I'm thinking of converting into what would essentially be a mid-sized sport-touring bike. Sort of like a "0.5 Knifemaker," I suppose.

That said, if I pull the trigger on the GSX, I might be selling the Vulcan on the cheap to a friend. Or I could keep her and futz around with her some more. Or see if there's a market for a modded out '86. I could part her out, but it seems like such a pain after the last part out. Does anyone know anyone who is looking for a bike in So.FL?

It comes at an odd time, since I just finished a bunch of mods, including the new RR/Stator and LED lighting.

Anyway, regardless of what I do with the bike, I was just reflecting on what a great bunch of people are here. I don't think I'd have been anywhere near as successful fixing up the bike(s) and getting them road worthy without the vn750.com Crew.

Scheherazade
'86 VN750
MF Battery, Iridium Plugs, RR relocated, Voltmeter, 170/80/15 Kenda Kruz rear tire, DIY Samsonite hard bags, DIY shaved seat with Beaded seat pad ('cause that's how I roll) and the dreaded STATOR CHANGE.

Shining Black Bess '86 VN750, retired for parts after a fried stator and being knocked (kee-runch) in her parking spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
I 've been checking out a Ninja 650R my self with the thoughts of the Givi bag Kit on it.If yo are getting a deal on the Gixxer, I say go for it !We'll still talk to you LOL

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:13 AM

keep both bikes. the GSX650 is a great bike. It is on my short list of 2nd bikes.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
I 've been checking out a Ninja 650R my self with the thoughts of the Givi bag Kit on it.If yo are getting a deal on the Gixxer, I say go for it !We'll still talk to you LOL
ninja 650r and the versys are both fantastic bikes as well. similar motors. the versys is just a lot easier on insurance
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
The versys is a little taller too though and I am fifty years old, had my MC license for better than 30 years so ins would be around the same I am paying now,my riding bud only pays 3 dollars more a year for a CBR1000 RR,so that isn't really an issue .I like the full body work on the ninja better too,How about the ins for that GSX,is there much difference in it?Oh yeah an F suffix always means Fast, LOL

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Old Fart

Garage
When I saw the "darkside" on this I figured you meant you were getting a Harley... (as that, besides the car tire thing is the 2nd most used use of the word)
You are getting a GSX and transforming it as a ST bike....that I would call "seeing the light" as opposed to anything dark.

The fun index on these bikes is just alot higher, not knocking cruisers here, but anything with the word "sport" in it tends to just be more fun...be it sports-bike or sports-car.

The usefullness of adding some decent hard luggage can transform these bikes from canyon carvers into long distance tourers, without losing much of the original purpose.

At our ages we should be extracting as much FUN as we can out of life..(while we still can) so don't feel embarassed to say you like to go fast now and then.....

Expecting pictures of the new ride of course.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement