Finally - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Finally

After almost a week of rain, I get to ride to work today and just about the rest of the week. I am so happy .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 AM

^ Nice! Changes the whole day doesn't it!? I couldn't ride in today since it was raining this morning but the rest of the week looks good...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

It was an awesome day to ride to work. Half way through my shift, I got pulled to one of the other hospitals, so I got paid to ride for a half hour. Coming home, I got to take a new route I have not tried on the bike before. It was a two lane 55mph road over the mountain and through the woods type ride. Heck of a way to end a bad good day at work. I got to hit 4th gear lol. I found 4500rpm in 4th had me running 52 on the speedo on flat ground. It felt good to get out and stretch the bike out a little.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
Nice. I just got back..its about 90 degrees here...bike ran like a top..those k and n air filters look sharp! Old dudes were checking out the earshave...or maybe im just preoccupied with it.

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMMERLING View Post
Nice. I just got back..its about 90 degrees here...bike ran like a top..those k and n air filters look sharp! Old dudes were checking out the earshave...or maybe im just preoccupied with it.
Today has been great here .I blew off every thing I should have been doing and rode all day some fast ,some slow,I was gone long enough to eat two meals ,meet a bunch of riders I had never met before at Jolly Pirate donuts in Ashland that were riding every kind of bike imaginable but hey ,they were having donuts and coffee and talking bikes. Then I went to my daughters house and we went out for dinner and I rolled in here about 11:40 and had went thru two tanks of gas.I also went to the park and watched the old men Ogling the pretty young women walking and it dawned it me I would probably be considered one of them by the pretty young ladies and since I am not ready to be grouped with the old lechers feeding the squirrels it was time to move on.All and all as Craig Ferguson says"It's a Great Day for America",Time to lay down awhile.Us old guys need to rest after such a strenuous day.Spring Fever is in full swing.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 05-25-2010 at 01:25 AM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to KIMMERLING
That second tank must of been something else! Nothing like the drone of the vtwin on the open road!

2011 Suzuki VSTROM DL650 with ABS Purchased Jan 28 now with 39,000miles WRECKED JAN 12 ,2013
"To strive, to seek, to find, not to yield."
05 Vulcan 750 26,050miles *Traded in*
Ventura guards
MadStadt mount
Givi windshield/Heated grips
Backoff
Riderbeads
Givi 52 topcase
Pat Walsh Crash bars skid plate
OEM centerstand
Headlight modulator
Battery tender
Aquarium thermometer with forward probe mount
Admore LED Lighting/Givi E36N panniers
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Looks like today is going to be another very nice day. I might drop the kids off to school early, and find an even longer route to work.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 AM

Sounds like fun Denny, hell I had fun reading about it! Awesome day, that's definitely why we ride.

The weather said 'patchy fog' for this morning but no rain so busted out the bike. About 35 mph and 3 blocks later my visor's soaked. I couldn't see or feel the mist but 35 mph will show it to you. Flipped a bitch (busted a u-turn) and put her back in the garage - caged it today dammit. Slight chance of rain the rest of the week. I guess we'll see...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Denny, I hope you had another good day.

I had fun today. I had a guy on a HD Fatboy that was a little worn, with some nice sounding Cobra's on it try to hang with me going over a big bridge today. From 0-50 it took him a little longer to get up to speed lol. I was 200 feet over a river and starting a downhill to a sharp left turn. I had to back off at that point.

I did get one good scare though. I was going down two lane that is a 20% grade or so, at 60. About half way down, it takes a left turn, when I got closer to the curve, someone had cut grass and had it piled along side the rode. With the bank in the road, I could not tell if any of it was in my lane. I had to slow down a bit, and two cages passed me but did not get fully in their lane. Until I saw my lane was clear of the grass, I had quite a knot in my stomach.

I stopped at Go Mart to get the kids a snack, and there was a couple of younger guys on some Kawi race bikes. One got to laughing saying he had not seen a 750 Vulcan in a long time. I did get an invite to bike night at the Lube on Thursday though.

Last edited by KwisatzHaderach; 05-25-2010 at 10:33 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Concert connoisseur

Garage
you damn cagers. I do a 132 miles a day rain or shine, yeah its not as fun in the rain but it sure is cheaper. I have to dress for work too, dress pants, shirt and tie. come on guys, tough it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

1986 vn 750 aka "Huck Farley"
42,000 miles
Rick's stator and rr
Tuxedo stator cover mod
pickup coil mod
dampers replaced
agm m/f battery
Harley sportster exhaust, degoated
Hid conversion
splines lubed
custom "vn750.com" grill cover
NGK Iridium spark plugs

acct to mcct mod https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17917

rekeying locks, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7309

stator replacement walkthrough, https://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11369
Sponsored Links
Advertisement