Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Repacking Stock Mufflers

955 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  fergy 
#1 ·
Are the baffles in the stock mufflers accessible? And can they be removed and repacked?

Thanks,

#3 ·
I don't know if there is any packing in the stock mufflers or not, but I doubt it. Even if there was, they are sealed units, and cannot be taken apart and put back together. They do make quite a difference in sound, several years ago, while I had them removed for something, I started the bike up without them, but with the goatsbelly thing in place, and it made quite a difference in sound. I actually believe the bike sounds better with the goatsbelly in place, and the mufflers removed, than the other way around. Jerry.

#6 ·
I actually believe the bike sounds better with the goatsbelly in place, and the mufflers removed, than the other way around. Jerry.
I agree Jerry. I did the same when I put the dynas on my bike years ago and was surprised that with just the GB the bike still wasn't very loud and sounded pretty good. If I would have had access to a good muffler guy I might have had some straight pipes made that came off the GB to flair out to maybe 3" for the last 1.5 feet and I think the sound would have been pretty good. I really wanted to remove the GB for the added weight and heat tho... But looking back, I wish I would have tried that at least once.

#4 ·
no you cannot repack them once you remove the baffles thats it. i used a 2 foot chisel and an air hammer to completely remove mine. there is nothing in there but metal.

#5 ·
Are yours too loud? They may have been drilled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.