Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Read this or be left out!

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  newOldUser 
#1 ·
Many have guessed my handle, VoIP Doc, has something to do with Telecommunications...you are right. As a telecom engineer, I have access to a audio conferencing bridge....at a pre-determined time, folk in this forum could dial a 800 number, then a passcode, and everyone would be connected whether it was 10 people or a 100. Might be nice for a meet & greet and would benefit many who find emailing or forums cumbersome for real time help. With an agenda and some ground rules, it might work. My thought is a 1 hour time limit probably on weekends to accommodate folk in different time zones
So, let me know if you think this is a good idea, some agenda items you want discussed, preferred time slot, and what time zone you are in. If we get enough positive feedback, I'll set it up.

VoIP = Voice over Internet Protocol

#3 ·
I think it's an excellent idea. Just please don't pick a Sunday morning because I'll definitely be at church. Perhaps a Saturday morning about 9AM???

Anyway, I'd love to participate.

#5 ·
The company I currently work for does this routinely, and it is a great help in terms of learning from each other & passing on information in real time.

I say, "go for it!"...but you might want to take a poll first, to find out when it would be best for the most people.

The "down" side here is--no matter when you schedule it, it will be a bad time for some people.

#6 ·
Yup. Sounds good. Especially if its a topic that everyone in that group would like such as TOC MCCT installation...perhaps?

#7 ·
Personally, I think the phone idea would be just fine. Pretty much everyone has one, knows how to use it, and it will allow anyone who might be technically challenged (remember we have 7000 plus members) but really would like to participate, in the loop and part of the group activity. Just my .02
I think this is a great idea!

#8 ·
I like the Skype idea. That way we can convince Lance to give us detailed lessons on how to fix our bikes and the video would show us what its suppose to look like when its done :beerchug: And if he's slow enough showing us, I can follow along in the garage. Maybe even record it for future vulcaneers to review.

#10 ·
7 days ago I asked...
7000 members if they wanted a conference line and got...
7 responses

Clearly no interest...we'll scrap the idea.

Trust everyone enjoys the real meaning of Easter....HE IS RISEN!
He is risen, indeed.

Guess there just wasn't enough interest so I guess it's best to postpone the idea unless and until the idea gains some steam. Count me in whenever.

#11 ·
I think this idea has some potencial of real value, especially regarding broadcasting "how-to's"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.