Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Seat Cover

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  bigsby2us 
#1 ·
I just replaced my factory seat cover with a Travelcade seat skin i got on E-bay, it went together well, and looks great! I am also changing my fenders and tank, as I found it was cheaper to change tins than it was to paint. Thought I would share!

#4 · (Edited)
Which skin did you get? Because all I see skins for are the Kawasaki KX60, KLF185, KEF300, KXF250 and the KXT250, all of which are ATVs. And just like Slim said.....:worthless

#8 ·
That's a seat cover? Do you happen to know what the part number is, and, how is it attached to the seat? Jerry.

#11 ·
I see there are two different seat model numbers given on the next two pages, a K675 for the vn700A:

SADDLESKIN - Street Bike Replacement Seat Cover
VN700A VULCAN
$64.95
For VN700A Vulcan
Why buy a whole new seat if all you need is a new cover? Weather, sharp objects, dogs, and spills can all take a toll on your seat. Our SaddleSkin replacement seat covers are an inexpensive way to restore your seat.
· Designed to fit with original factory seat
· Made with premium grade weather-resistant vinyl
· Double stitched for quality and durability
· Easy-to-follow instructions included
· Color: Black

Add to Cart:

Model: K675
•Shipping Weight: 4lbs
•Make: KAWASAKI

Product 183/258

And K607 for the vn750A. There are no pictures and no explanation for the what the difference is:

SADDLESKIN - Street Bike Replacement Seat Cover
VN750A VULCAN
$64.95
For VN750A Vulcan
Why buy a whole new seat if all you need is a new cover? Weather, sharp objects, dogs, and spills can all take a toll on your seat. Our SaddleSkin replacement seat covers are an inexpensive way to restore your seat.
· Designed to fit with original factory seat
· Made with premium grade weather-resistant vinyl
· Double stitched for quality and durability
· Easy-to-follow instructions included
· Color: Black

Add to Cart:

•Model: K607•Shipping Weight: 4lbs
•Make: KAWASAKI

#10 ·
That's great to know in case we need to repair a torn seat. I wonder if there can be some sort of padding placed between the existing seat and the cover, to make the seat a bit more comfortable, escpecially for riding 2-up.

#12 ·
The 1985 VN700 (a one year only model) had a different seat than the 1986-2006 VN750. The base was the same, but the padding and cover were different. The VN700 seat was flat and smooth, while the VN750 seat is more tuck and roll style, with wrinkles and buttons. Jerry.

#14 ·
Thanks for that info bigs and Jerry. I didn`t know the 700 from `85 had a different seat cover than following models.

#15 ·
Hey Bigs,

I’m really, really, really (sorry to be melodramatic) interested in this seat cover. Spending $400 on a new seat is not an option so I was down to replacing it with a used stock seat from eBay UNTIL I saw your cover. I want to purchase, but I have a few questions. You said that you purchased a “Travelcade seat skin” but the links you give take us to Saddlemen seat covers. what gives? Is Travelcade made by Saddlemen? At Saddlemen they are $65. what was the cost on eBay? Any info and all input (from everyone) would be greatly appreciated! After I cover this thing, I plan to get me a protac back rest.

#17 ·
first & only bike and first & only son from my first & only wife (who was glad when I got a motorcycle but won't be if I get a gun)
Hey Webby - get the gun. Your wife will be glad if the time ever came for you to use it to protect your first & only wife and/or your first & only son. Get your CCW permit as per the laws in your state, and exercise your rights before you loose them. Be a responsible gun owner and get a safe, too. And teach your first and only's to be safe and responsible, too.

#16 · (Edited)
As far as I know it is made by travelcade and distributed by saddleman? I got mine for $25 + $8 shipping on e-bay, I see there are a few others on there for a little more but am not sure who makes them. They are pretty easy to install, and like I said there is the option of extra padding or stuffing a gel pad under the seat cover. I am not exactly sure if they are the same as the saddleman, as i did not order from them. I will do a little research and get back to ya.....
ok, as far as i can make out saddleman sells the travelcade seat covers....If you google travelcade the first site that comes up is saddleman. If you want I can find some seat covers on e-bay, not sure if they will be the travelcade like mine, but would guess they would have to be close to the same...
NOTE: these are not the same seat covers that i installed, but they are what i could find...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWA...690421QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWA...249010QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWA...281835QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

#18 ·
vague description

Bigs, I hate to be complicated, but is this the same eBay seller you purchased from? These listings are VERY vague but if I know I'm getting what you have, I don't mind making the order. But if this is a different seller and different item description, than I'm not sure I wanna take the risk of getting junk.

And thanks for the advice Ruby! I'm totally with ya on the gun safety and ownership.

~dw

#19 ·
No, it is not the same seller...sorry. Those were just the seat covers for our bikes that i found on e-bay. If your worried about quality, there are a few things you can do, contact seller about their covers, and see if they stand behind them. or you can pony up and order from saddleman. Another place that has a seat cover is bike bandit, although I am not sure as to what brand it would be they would stand behind it, unfortunatly I believe them to be right around the same price as saddlemans. you will save money over getting a used stock seat which ever way you go, and they make them look like brand new...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.