Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Back Riding The Old Lady

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  LibertyPilot 
#1 ·
And what a good gal she is. I havent ridden her in over 6 months because as a few of you already know, I also bought a VN1500 classic. Turned the petcock to prime, one crank, second crank and VROOOOOM on the third turn of the engine, I am back in her saddle. The 1500 classic is FINALLY over at my buddy's house under going some serious cosmetic work. I've had to wait longer than we first thought due to him needing to recover from back and hip surgery. None the less these 750's dont want to die and I love them for it. So while my 1500 is getting new makeup I have placed my trust in the Old Lady again to get me back and forth to work. What a bike!!!:smiley_th

#2 ·
You know, if this wasn't a forum about our motorcycles, someone could get the wrong impression about the title of the thread. Anyway, glad to see the Old Lady is still ready and willing. (pun intended)

#3 ·
Yeah... you may want to reword this thread title.

But in any case it's nice to see that you haven't abandoned her once you got your new ride.

#5 ·
^Don't reword it, leave it. Old lady's need lovin' too.

I bought a 1500 too but its the mean streak (Emma). I was on that for about the first six months as well and left the 750 (Sable) resting confortably in the garage. I decided to take Sable out the other day and same thing. One push of the starter, a throttle twist, second push and she roars to life!

Sable, at about 480 pounds, is SO different from Emma at 1100. Em actually outweighs the helicopter I fly. Riding Emma for several month then jumping back on Sable really made me appreciate Sable that much more. I can't believe how fast, manuverable, agile, and responsive our 750's are - I love it. :motorcycl:smiley_th

#7 ·
^Don't reword it, leave it. Old lady's need lovin' too.

Thats what I'm saying. I do have to go get another can of sea foam tomorrow though. Damn things jump in price, over $3 a can more now than last year at this time, anyone else noticed this or is it they just like raping us in Seattle area?

#6 ·
How did that song go? "Older Women Make Better Lovers".

#11 ·
Nope....I said it was $3 MORE than what I paid for it last year, went from $5.97 at Wally World to $8.97 at the same Wally World. Someone opened their big mouth on how good this stuff is so they jacked up the price.

#10 ·
Yep, Sea Foam here went from $6.?? to $8.?? at china-mart too, as I had a foul running mower and bought a can about a week ago, $8.??... I guess the .?? = .97 as that is about how all their stuff is marked...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#13 ·
It's a conspiracy. A conspiracy I tell you. They're watching us. They're in our heads. The government. The corporations. Aliens!!!!!??? (LOL):D

#14 · (Edited)
GOOD GOD!!! I checked out that link for Amazon and they are charging more for shipping than they are asking for the product and I live right down the street from Amazon...is that legal...B'tards!!!!

As for your commit Fergy, I suppose they might have had it mis marked, doubtfull though cause I bought it there numerious times on seperate occasions for that price last year. Oh well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.