Buells Are now stupid cheap (another forum)... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Buells Are now stupid cheap (another forum)...

Since the vn750 is no longer made here might be a good to go scoot for someone looking...
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...hreadid=629933
1125cc/146 hp & 375# dry wt. should scoot pretty darn good & if it is actually $6,000 OTD thats some price...
Here it is... http://www.hdocala.com/pre_owned_list.asp the 615 area code is in Nashville Tn. I believe...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

PS-As 750Doug mentions below, and I took for granted that everyone knew, HD has dropped the Buell line, but still $5,995 for a new bike that lists for $11,999 is half price...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...

Last edited by Old Dog; 10-18-2009 at 04:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Ba dum dum, ching...

I've been looking at a Ulysses as an alternative to a Honda ST, a Concours or a FJR.

Wow those are some crazy prices.

R

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Buell is closing, they won't be making bikes anymore.

For the Google impaired, and/or anybody really interested-

HD dropping Buell

A message from Eric Buell

Last edited by 750Doug; 10-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Doug View Post
Buell is closing, they won't be making bikes anymore.

For the Google impaired, and/or anybody really interested-

HD dropping Buell
I think this remark from "Earthling" sums up my view also:

"Motorcycles are a niche market, primarily fair weather mode of transportation, with essentially zero crash safety. One of my orthopedic surgeon friends spends much of his career reassembling motorcycle crash victims. It could be much different, especially in a climate conscious green tech economy. The BMW Clever concept and earlier GM Lean Machine provide some possible directions. But killing off the innovation (such as Buell) and preserving the legacy (the hogs) isn't the formula for bridging to the future."

Perhaps they should not have crushed all those Buel Blasts....

I do hope MV Agusta survives, as I alway thought they made beautiful bikes...

Odd how a company like Harley that keeps premoting it's "all american" image does the same thing any other corporate giant does when it sees it is not making enough money...cut jobs.

FK Harley.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/

Last edited by Knifemaker; 10-18-2009 at 12:10 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Ba dum dum, ching...

KM,
I agree completely. There was a time in this country when a small inventor or manufacturer could afford to operate and produce slow and steady growth that eventally would or could grow into a powerhouse, (think of GE, Intel, Apple, Microsoft). Even the dreaded H-D started with 2 guys in a garage in Milwaukee. The problem these days seems to be that unless you can guarantee double digit returns to your investors you can't get investors. Which means that getting capital for research, development or growth is close to impossible. Blame it on Wall street, blame it on Washington, I don't know where it all started, all I know is that I can point to the early 90's when there was a decided shift in the business community and all of a sudden if your company was consistantly giving 7 or 8% returns annually it wasn't good enough anymore and you better start finding a way to get your returns up to double digits or you soon won't have any investors.

Personally, I think it's the beginning of the end for us.

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 04:36 PM

the end

I guess I'm not the only one who is afraid this global economy has been bad for America. I don't see any way that things can get better. All of the prosperity over the last twenty years appears to have been fake, or "bubbles" if you will. It doesn't seem to be sustainable. Sure, I'd love to go buy a brand new Harley, but I'm not crazy. I bought my Vulcan 750 for $2500 used. I don't know that I'll ever want or need another motorcycle. Then again, I have thirteen guitars and I don't really "need" them all either. I suppose it depends on your bank account and personal desires. Harley is going to have a hard time competing globally even if they are highly desirable here in America. They simply cost too much compared to Japanese bikes, and young people don't seem to want cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement