Anyone use bluetooth headphones? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Anyone use bluetooth headphones?

My wife uses an I-Phone and has a bunch of music stored on it. She wants to be able to listen to music when we ride, but neither the wired ear-buds or the wireless bluetooth headphones will work. She can't hear with the ear-buds, and the headphones won't fit in her helmet. She needs a new helmet, and I told her I would try to get her one that will accommodate speakers. When I look for speakers for helmets all I seem to find are either intercom systems or ear-phones made for answering the phone. I don't want an intercom system because I don't really want to have her talking to me the whole time we ride, and that is what it would be, the WHOLE time. I can hear her fine even with my fullface on if she yells. That's good enough.

Does anyone have experience with wireless bluetooth helmet speakers, or wired earphones that are made to work inside a helmet?

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Check these out ,I have been thinking about this for my helmet and my phone which has an mp3 player in it as well.I picked up a set of earphones with the over and around the ear clips ,made for runners at the local rite aid for 10.99 that have 110 db speakers,it takes at least 102 to hear at highway speeds for me.I wear a full face and I can actually turn it down from max with these earphones,I tried the earbuds and headphones and neither would stay in place while putting the helmet on,and these will.Bluetooth is great but sucks the life out of your battery and you have to leave it on charge while you use it or it will be dead in an hour,I like what I have now for music but I can not use the phone with it.
http://www.bikeintercom.com/products...ne_headset.htm It also says it is only for the I phone but i found other i phone accesories that work with my samsung

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

Last edited by denny6006; 08-17-2009 at 03:05 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Hey Denny

This looks about right. Can you use it with just the speakers? Hell, I don't know, maybe she wants to sit back there talking on the phone too. Whatever keeps her occupied I guess.

Thanks. See ya next week!

"Shutting up rarely leads to anything bad"

Joe McAdoo
Springfield, MO
[email protected]
VROC # 28175
-2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic 22000 miles
-1995 VN750 (Back home again!) 25000 miles
-1995 Suzuki DR350 Dualsport 1720 miles

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Old Fart

Garage
I use both, but for music I just use plain wired earphones...the sound quality is better.

The "earbuds" I use are these:
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx

They are small enough that I can put on my helmet without knocking them off, and they cut outside noise so I do not have to turn the music up so loud.
(a problem with in helmet speakers)

Cycle gadgets has a pair that are so small , you can only see the wire coming out of your ears:
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...asp?Item=SPLUG

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
i bought a motorrolla s9 bluetooth headset capapable of pairing with 8 devices listen to the ipod phone rings push on ear it answers phone... however the antenna is in the back and it isnt noise canceling enough to hear at highway speeds... im gonna take it apart and install it in a helmet with noice canceling earbuds ... and set it up to be my bike phone and tune system... havent started the process nut the thought is there ...

i ride with wired ear buds and they sound and work great they even will plug into the phone... i just want an all in one unit that will do it all ...

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

Vega makes a full face helmet call V-Tunes with bluetooth phone, speakers, and helmet-to-helmet built-in. They run $229. Jury is still out on whether they are any good or not, my better half's came in but mine didn't. Will let you know how they work.

You can take calls and it cancels the music, etc., including the helmet-to-hemet communications. Remember, Bluetooth is only good for about 35 feet, so if you don't want to hear her yell at you for not signaling just speed up so you break the signal....gotta love technology!

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Ba dum dum, ching...

My buddy uses a Nolan N3 with the N-com system installed. He loves it has the ipod plugged in and can still talk to the wife using the built in intercom system.

R

Yes, it's my mid-life crisis.

Sweet Jane...
http://images5a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D457%3A%3E6%3C3%3E258%3E  WSNRCG%3D3345343785349nu0mrj
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 AM

How do you MP3 player users adjust your volume at speed (or do you)? I'm trying to picture hitting buttons with gloves on and it's not looking good.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:39 AM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
My ipod can be a lil tricky but if its in my tank bag i have access to fwd bck and pause... now if i bight my glove i can reach in and spin my fingers around the dial to get volume ... i find with glove off this is a good time to check and reply to text messages on the cell phone, take a drink of coffee (or rockstar), grab a cig, push in lighter, put on glove, undo throttle lock ,set song, light cig, and ride.....

Good thing i listen to angry metal music!! i rarly have to adjust the volume much lower then loud...

Now the new rca duhicky i got for 28 bucks at walmart takes one tripple a and works like a thumbdrive big buttons for easy volume and track controll ... my cellcphone also is mp3 and this way i can answer the phone and hear i just have to yell into the mouth piece...

Now the slick combination is a verizon phone and get the gps app for there phones and u can get a hand held, gps mp3,walky talky camera computer duhickies and you would need nothing else... (casio even makes one waterproof shatterproof)

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammmy View Post
How do you MP3 player users adjust your volume at speed (or do you)? I'm trying to picture hitting buttons with gloves on and it's not looking good.
mine has a rocker switch that I can feel with my gloves on when it is in its case,.That works the volume up and down,and yeah I do,but then again i turn loose of the handlebars out on the highway(not in traffic) and get the tingle out of my hands too,carpal tunnel causes that.

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement