Seat comfort - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Seat comfort

This is one of the best stock seats I have ever laid my arse on. I still haven't experienced monkey butt yet. Contrary to the seat on my ZRX1200, which was like a torture chamber after 45 minutes, and one of the worst seats I ever experienced was the seat on the DRZ400S I had. That was like sitting on a 2 x 4. But it was a sweet dual sport bike though. I just can't believe how comfortable the seat is on the VN750. My wife even liked the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
wow, are you talking about a stock seat... did you mod it, or is there a chance you have a custom seat...post some pics...we would love to see the mythical comfy stock seat
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

No, it hasn't been modded, and yeah, I don't find it bad at all. Maybe it is the riding position that suits me. The Vulcan 800 I had wasn't too bad either.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 09:14 AM

how tall are you?.. im 6'2" and the seat kills me!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 09:27 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

I started riding on dirtbikes & dualsports. I think that's one reason I, like you, am also one of the few who doesn't have much of a problem with the stock seat.
I've been on several 1000 mi, long weekend rides and aside from standard discomfort from sitting for a long time, never really had a problem with back/butt pain.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 09:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to artemis_f0wl Send a message via Yahoo to artemis_f0wl Send a message via Skype™ to artemis_f0wl
Being one of the bigger guys here (6'5" 260) the seat is one of my few complaints about this bike. This 750 is my second bike after an old 800 classic my mechanic totalled.. which had an awesome Mustang seat when I bought it. Now that's gone and this stock seat is ok for in town but not nice at all when cruising- especially when riding two up.

I'm hoping that having the seat re-padded will be sufficient because the options for an after market seat just don't appeal to me. Between that and adding highway pegs with brackets I think I'll have a whole new appreciation for the bike.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Old Fart

Garage
We had someone a few years back write that he had no problems with his seat.... later someone pointed out he had a Saddleman seat on his bike when he posted a photo. The PO never told him and he just assumed it was the stock one.

However, as said time and time again...everyones butt is different, and you can not go by others opinions on a seat...this includes the stock one.

For me the stock one was too wide in the front, and it was not may butt that complained as much as my inner thighs. Those damn buttons also got a bit hard after 200 miles and they also held water when it rained.

If you have been used to crappy little seats all your life , the stock Vulcan seat likely is pretty damn comfy, but if you were to actualy try a custom made seat, you would think you died and gone to heaven.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Calif Rider

It could be a original seat that was modified, but not that easy to recognize. I modified mine by cutting into the foam after taking off the cover and making more like a tractor seat. Making the seat more concave than what it originally was like. After recovering the seat you can not really tell that anything has been done to it. I saw a thread on this about 3 years ago and did the same to mine, what a big difference.

2004 25,500 miles
Led tail light enhancement
Homemade floor boards
Headlight modulator
Extra heat sink on R+R
R+R relocation
Homemade driver's backrest
Fused Stator
Mcct conversion-cost 4.50
Ride-on in tires
crash bar with home made hyway pegs
iridium plugs
home made fork wind deflectors
coil pickups adjusted.
Kenda kruz tires 110/90 170/80
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clock152 View Post
how tall are you?.. Im 6'2" and the seat kills me!
5'11"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbuzzin View Post
I started riding on dirtbikes & dualsports. I think that's one reason I, like you, am also one of the few who doesn't have much of a problem with the stock seat.
I've been on several 1000 mi, long weekend rides and aside from standard discomfort from sitting for a long time, never really had a problem with back/butt pain.
I have ridden a lot of dual sport bikes, KLR650, XR650L, DRZ400S, XR250L, XL500. This might be the reason for me too. I am spoiled on this bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement