AM I selling the 750? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

AM I selling the 750?

See, I waited too long. I have the meanie and the 750 is parked right next to her in the garage. As she sits there, the bank account is slowly but surely healing. Now I'm wondering if I have to sell the VN750.

What is there to do with 2 bikes as I'm only one rider? What's the benefit of having 2 bikes opposed to just one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Sparky!!!

Garage
I want several bikes...I currently have the 750 which if I got a couple more bikes would turn into a chopped bobber, I want a Vintage touring bike like a GL1000, and a good 2 up rider like the VN1500/1600 Drifter. the drifter would be my week end cruiser, while the GL would be used for long rides. these three would be MY bikes, I am also looking for a VN900 meanie for the wife and a honda rebel for my stepdaughter...yes my stable will be full, but there will be a bike for every ocasion... ohh and i forgot one a 1949 Indian Chief....yea i know the last one probably never will happen, but i can dream...hehehe
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Give it a little time. If you find yourself riding the meanie most of the time, then I would say, yeah, sell it. My friend has three, and he rides every one of them.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 AM

Always good to have a spare. Never know when one will decide they need worked on and then you will still have a ride.

"The Mistress".
1985 VN700A1

MODS:
New stator
My version of the Marbleing
New paint and trim
New oversized front tire
Degoated
Iridium Plugs
New grip and lever covers
New(er) Ignition switch

Waiting on:
A good ride

As always:
Wanting attention at all times.

Why should I act my age, I am an ADULT!!!!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

You'll find one will fit your riding mood more on any given day. Choices are good!

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM

why do we have more than one pair of shoes, sometimes we like to run, walk, dance...etc!!
I wish i had more bikes......don't sell it man

PEACE!!!

2005 Vulcan 750
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

All very good points and that's what I was afraid of. So I take it I'm not going to get any people for selling her huh?

Alas, I probably just wanted some affirmation for what I was prolly going to do anyway. Unless there are any nay sayers? Anyone? Going once...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
i said it earlier...KEEP IT.... its paid for, and even if you let her sit a while all she is doing is getting better with age
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Send a message via Skype™ to 93VN750
Being in the exact same boat I will be in as soon as I finish my vn750, I can tell you my plan. I am going to list the vn750 for sale locally (craigslist, etc.) at a price I want to get for it. Then I will just wait until that price or something very close to it comes around. I have no reason to drop my price as there is no pressure what so ever to sell.

It will be a very good bike for someone. The local Kaw dealer tells me they have people asking all the time if they have any used vn750's. Sought after machines. And with virtually every part on mine being new.......

Jon

93VN750, under re-construction
vn750.com Member # 828

Rick's Stator and R/R
MF AGM Battery
Coastered
Degoated
Shaved & Jetted
Iridium's
MAC Tapered Staggered Pipes
Battery/Temp/Clock Gauge
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Dunlop D-404's
23,XXX miles and holding pending gasket change (underway!!!)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
All very good points and that's what I was afraid of. So I take it I'm not going to get any people for selling her huh?Alas, I probably just wanted some affirmation for what I was prolly going to do anyway. Unless there are any nay sayers? Anyone? Going once...

Well I say sell it. If you find you are not riding it and always seem to take the Meanie, why let it sit ....find it a good home where someone will take care of it and cherish it as much as you did.

When I got my FJR I kept my Vulcan. But it soon became apparent that given the choice on any given day, I would take the FJR and not the Vulcan.

I did not want it to sit in the garage and become a "problem bike" like so many do from sitting too long...so I placed and ad in the paper and sold it for exactly what I asked for within two weeks.

The extra cash ended up paying for a new jacket, my Zumo 550 GPS, and some mesh pants...with money left to bank.

The new owner got the bike he wanted (it would be his only bikie) and I knew the old girl would be cared for.

If I was rich....I would like to have a few bikes, but I would not pick simular styles...a nice touring bike (My current FJR would fit that spot) , a dirtbike or one of those "adventure" bikes like a Verseys , a hot sport bike like an R6 and maybe one of those Can Am Spyders.

But I aint got the money for all that along with the space to keep them, nor the funds to keep them all insured. So I picked the one bike of "my dreams" I could afford and am pretty happy with that.

So sell the 750 and use the money to take a trip or buy some cool accessories.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement