Pre-muffler Bypass Kit - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
REDRIDER

Pre-muffler Bypass Kit

I Noticed That Scootworks Offers A Pre-muffler Bypass Kit For The Kawasaki 750 - More V-twin Music For Your Vulcan 750. Claim Is - Eliminate The Pre-mufler (sometimes Nicknamed The 'goats Belly'). - Complete With Relocated Center Stand Bumper, Improved Throttle Response And Performance, Etc. Claim Is It May Not Meed Emission Standards And Is Intended For Off-road Or Demonstation Uses Only. Has Anyone Purchased And Installed This Bypass Kit And What Are You Thoughts On It
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 AM

Lots of us have done it.....I love it some do not. Check out the posts about goats belly, or de-goat and read away. There is a ton of info on this page and the yahoo vn750 page on this subject. Trust me, I did it based on the info and followed the instructions found on these sites.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 03:17 PM

I used the ScootWorks bypass. I also installed a pipe in between the bypass pipes to equalize the exhaust. I like it and it seems to have helped the performance of my bike.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danield
I Noticed That Scootworks Offers A Pre-muffler Bypass Kit For The Kawasaki 750 - More V-twin Music For Your Vulcan 750. Claim Is - Eliminate The Pre-mufler (sometimes Nicknamed The 'goats Belly'). - Complete With Relocated Center Stand Bumper, Improved Throttle Response And Performance, Etc. Claim Is It May Not Meed Emission Standards And Is Intended For Off-road Or Demonstation Uses Only. Has Anyone Purchased And Installed This Bypass Kit And What Are You Thoughts On It
I did and liked the results...
Without the cross-pipe you lose some low end torque...hardly noticable IMO unless you whack open the throttle at every launch.
Benefits are the throttle response is indeed improved...the bike revs much more freely/easily.
The noticable vibes at around 3800~4200rpm were gone, and anything over 4000rpm in 5th gave me the sense that I was flying...no vibes, no detectable working of the engine, just great response when you twisted your wrist.
The downside was the fact that I was battling leaks occasionally, and when the heat shields started to rattle, I chucked the whole thing for some V&H Cruzers.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 09:35 PM

I did the scootworks kit, Plus the air reed covers. IT stopped the back off poping.
I then put on a set of custom pipes. Sounds, Looks, and runs GREAT!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:35 PM

vance and hines cruzers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1515
I did and liked the results...
Without the cross-pipe you lose some low end torque...hardly noticable IMO unless you whack open the throttle at every launch.
Benefits are the throttle response is indeed improved...the bike revs much more freely/easily.
The noticable vibes at around 3800~4200rpm were gone, and anything over 4000rpm in 5th gave me the sense that I was flying...no vibes, no detectable working of the engine, just great response when you twisted your wrist.
The downside was the fact that I was battling leaks occasionally, and when the heat shields started to rattle, I chucked the whole thing for some V&H Cruzers.
when you bought the v&h cruzers do the come with both of the headers? are they all one piece or are the headers seperate from the mufflers? ive been thinking about getting some. thanks
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 PM

The v&h cruzers are two exhuast headers (one right side and one left side). They are one piece each all the way from exhuast port to the tip of the muffler. They also come with heat sheilds. I have them on my bike and they sound with a deep tone and good bit louder than the stock exhaust. There fit is perfect and look good. I tried jardine headers but did not like them.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMan
when you bought the v&h cruzers do the come with both of the headers? are they all one piece or are the headers seperate from the mufflers? ive been thinking about getting some. thanks
The Cruzers are one piece, from header to tail, and excellently made.
The chroming is top notch, and they really look & sound great.
Worth the $320, IMHO....
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Hello jm1515,
I too installed the Scootworks bypass kit. I later removed the kit and went back to my stock system with the muffler "strainers" drilled out. I did not care too much for the way the kit fit. Nothing against the product because it is a cheap alternative to custom pipes if you want the loud sound but, for me, the Scootworks kit was too loud and the fit was not perfect.

How does the Vance and Hines system compare, in loudness, deepness (throatiness), stability of fit, etc. to the Scootworks? Also, are the V&H pipes that you installed exiting on the same side, like a Harley Sportster, or are they on each side of the Vulcan750 like the stock pipes? Where are they supported other than at the heads, are there additional mounting brackets that bolt to the frame?

You know what might be a good idea would be if someone would begin manufacturing a goat's belly replacement as a one piece pipe. I mean like pipes on each side that would connect before the mufflers but with a crossover that would just fit exactly where the belly was. Then you would have a better sound and still the balancing of of the crossover. Does anyone know of such a replacement pipe for the goat's belly? Does anyone have the equipment such as a MIG welder where they can custom make such a replacment? There might be a good VN750 aftermarket for that. I know that it would be worth trying on my VN750.
Thanks,
Sam612
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Uber Member

Send a message via AIM to Hizzo3 Send a message via Yahoo to Hizzo3
hey sam612
in referance to the last part of your post. i am not quite sure what your asking for? are you wanting a set up simmilar to the X pipes in older mustangs?

'04 Vn750
Currently Installed
nat'l cycle deflector shield
westco 12v30 MF, 30A/h w/ 350 CCA's w/ custom box
TOC stator cover w/ Frankenstator mod!
R/R relo

Soon to have (own or on order)
TOC ACCT's
Mez's 110-FRT 170/80-Rear
Custom rear fender and tail light
Givi hard bags w/ custom rear turn signals

Band Engineer/Webmaster for Josey Contreras Tejano Band