Orange County Choppers - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Orange County Choppers

Took the old girl (VN, not the girlfriend) on a 400+ mile round trip to Newburgh NY, on the weekend of the 25th in July. Destination was the Orange County Choppers new showroom. My original plan was to make it a two day trip out, check out some sites along the way, and then return in one day. But instead I rode out with a couple of buddies who have Harleys'. (Sometimes ya just have to lower your standards!)We pretty much rode the whole way out nonstop except to get fuel. Talk about a sore saddle.... I took lead on the last eight miles or so. Needless to say we were going well above the speed limit...... Couldn't wait to get there and get off the bike. Guess the foam in my 20+ year old stock seat could use alittle refreshing.
Overall it was a pretty nice ride. Well worth the trip. The new showroom is pretty cool.. They have most of the bikes from the show on display, and you can get close enough to touch most of them. (Sorry no pics at this time.) We even rode out to the original shop and checked that out from the outside. After that we went to Vinny and Codys' new shop....., but they were closed by the time we got there. "Trigger" took me out and back without as much as a hickup. Ya just gotta love the VN750!

Terry

87 VN750 A3
"Trigger"

Black with Silver on tank
Willie & Max saddle bags
Silver Star head lamp
Engine guard
Soft grips
New Stator - Spring 2008
New relocated R/R - Spring 2008
Splines lubed
AGM Deka Battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg1 View Post
Took the old girl (VN, not the girlfriend) on a 400+ mile round trip to Newburgh NY, on the weekend of the 25th in July. Destination was the Orange County Choppers new showroom. My original plan was to make it a two day trip out, check out some sites along the way, and then return in one day. But instead I rode out with a couple of buddies who have Harleys'. (Sometimes ya just have to lower your standards!)We pretty much rode the whole way out nonstop except to get fuel. Talk about a sore saddle.... I took lead on the last eight miles or so. Needless to say we were going well above the speed limit...... Couldn't wait to get there and get off the bike. Guess the foam in my 20+ year old stock seat could use alittle refreshing.
Overall it was a pretty nice ride. Well worth the trip. The new showroom is pretty cool.. They have most of the bikes from the show on display, and you can get close enough to touch most of them. (Sorry no pics at this time.) We even rode out to the original shop and checked that out from the outside. After that we went to Vinny and Codys' new shop....., but they were closed by the time we got there. "Trigger" took me out and back without as much as a hickup. Ya just gotta love the VN750!
I lived 5 miles from the old shop which was a converted bread delivery warehouse. Orange County is beautiful. Lots of great riding there for sure. I moved to my present location (Charlotte NC) three years ago. I do miss Orange County, just not the cold weather and high taxes.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 02:08 PM

I'm actually planning a trip up there with my twin sometime soon. Look forward to pics...

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Sparky!!!

Garage
I can'r wait to go, OCC is the whole reason I chose Fort Drum as a duty station.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

You need to go on the 14th of August, they are doing a bike unveil and Paul Sr. will be there. Check out their web site and click on the news tab.

and hey, I'm also a Harley Rider, what's that comment about lowering your standards? Remember I'm also a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, we have ways to deal with people who talk bad about my mother's son. (just kidding, I don't even know who he is.)

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Ah yes, Orange County Choppers....What McDonnalds is to food, OCC is to custom bikes.

I can't even watch the show on TV anymore. Sorry.

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Ah yes, Orange County Choppers....What McDonnalds is to food, OCC is to custom bikes.

I can't even watch the show on TV anymore. Sorry.

KM
Why can't you watch dude?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I actually still love the show as it reminds me so much of when I was in College and my Step-Father and I were partners in a Bean-Bag Chair Business (remember those in the seventies, well we made many of them). We fought just like Jr. & Sr. because when you are young, you always think you know more than your old man even though he has been doing it for years before you...LOL!
Also I was on a charity ride last May, one rider had an OCC bike and I was blown away by how well it was put together including all the minor details like the welds etc.
Another story, I have stayed at the Hotel Vinny and Cody stay at in Daytona Beach for Bike Week the last couple of years and they are two of the most down to earth greatest guys I have ever met. I hope their shop survives this economy..........
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Late to the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip View Post
... Orange County is beautiful. Lots of great riding there for sure. I moved to my present location (Charlotte NC) three years ago. I do miss Orange County, just not the cold weather and high taxes.
Orange County cold weather??? I'll take it instead of this Sahara of Rochester Minnesota.

Orange County is beautiful, but too many people.

'05 VN750 - "Cookie"
My Gallery

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabarry View Post
Orange County cold weather??? I'll take it instead of this Sahara of Rochester Minnesota.

Orange County is beautiful, but too many people.
Too many people in Orange County?!?! Try living around the Atlanta area! My County alone has over 800,000. That's almost triple the population of Orange County.

My daily ride
Metzler ME880s
NGK caps, wires and Iridiums
Coasters (made by Lance328), earshave and rejet with screws turned out 3 turns
Volt gauge w/ custom mounting cup by Lance328 wired into headlight bucket 13.5v-14v
National Cycles Plexistar 2 windshield
DEKA battery
Mutazu GA Black hard bags w/ custom support brackets and relocation brackets made by Lance328
Custom lowers made by Lance328
Vance&Hines Cruzer exhaust pipes
TOC MCCTs
H.I.D. Conversion kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement