Anybody looking for a '93 750? - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Anybody looking for a '93 750?

She's in perfect running condition with about 15k on the clock and she's got lots and lots of aftermarket upgrades:
  • Saddleman seat, very comfy
  • Vance and Hines exhaust system
  • Luggage Rack
  • Engine Guard
  • Highway Pegs
  • Custom mounted Protac Drivers Backrest
  • Quick Release Windshield
  • Second Tinted Quick Release Windshield
  • Custom Grips
  • Hard Leather Saddle Bags
  • Hard Leather Fork Bag
  • Yuasa Maintenance Free Battery
  • All Tools plus some extras
  • All Manuals
I also have everything you'd need to return her to bone stock and that's included in the sale if you're interested.

She's perfect inside and out, I've had zero problems with her since I got her. She has no dents, dings, or chips in the paint. She's never been down and has been garage kept her whole life. All the electric works, speedometer, tach, gas gauge, and temp gauge all work just fine. She looks and sounds phenominal. I have the title and can even drop her off if you're reasonably close to Philly (around 100 miles maybe). I can say that because there's not a doubt in my mind she'll make the trip and then some. I'm looking for around $2500, this is gently flexible. I figured I'd see if anyone here is interested before posting elsewhere.

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 07-30-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the backrest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

You know I'd really like a second bike so I can bob one down (probably mine). Looking at Mapquest I would say it's a three day ride from Philly to Omaha. Let me look into some airfares. I presume she'd be rideable for that trek, eh?

And looking at your list of mods- she's stock on the air intake- no coaster/marble/ear shave? And no forward controls? Do you have some pics I could scope?

Current VN: 03 VN1600A

Past VNs: 92 VN750A, 98 VN1500A

Future VN: 94/97 VN1500A basketcase/bobber
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Sure do Kreb. Yes, intake is the same and there are no forward controls - IMHO you don't need them with the new seat. It drops you down about an inch and backs you up about an inch making the bike alot roomier. I also forgot to mention that I also have a custom mounted Protac Drivers backrest to throw in too. Very comfy. In fact with the new seat, the backrest, and the highway pegs I've referred to her several times as "The Recliner" at 70 mph. I have no doubt she'll make the 3 day trek. Here's a shot of her where you can see all the additions, the Saddleman seat, the luggage rack, the backrest, the V&H pipes, etc:

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 09-10-2009 at 08:47 AM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Have you ever looked into or at the shipping option? On eBay it seems like for about $500 they can ship a bike.

I'm pretty sure that the cost of my flying out, riding it back, food, lodging, etc. would add up to $500 pretty fast. Is that an option?

And if I go the riding route- we'd have to ship the extra/stock stuff. Another hundred and a half there I bet. I'm guessing you could package it in the crate w/ the bike if we shipped.

Anyone who has ridden like this- what is the cheapest form of lodging? When I do such a thing in a vehicle I just sleep at rest stops and shower at truck stops. On a bike I'd need a small tent... can you pitch those at rest stops or will they move you off? If I have to go hunt for campgrounds that might be a pain. Obviously showering in truck stops would still work.

I've always wanted to do something like this, and you all know I'm crazy so it might just happen!!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne View Post
Anyone who has ridden like this- what is the cheapest form of lodging? When I do such a thing in a vehicle I just sleep at rest stops and shower at truck stops. On a bike I'd need a small tent... can you pitch those at rest stops or will they move you off? If I have to go hunt for campgrounds that might be a pain. Obviously showering in truck stops would still work.

I've always wanted to do something like this, and you all know I'm crazy so it might just happen!!
Camping in Interstate rest areas is discouraged or prohibited in many states. On the secondary road picnic/rest areas they usually don't give you any problems. Some city parks allow free camping, but may not offer bathrooms or have them locked at night, so a pee jug comes in handy. Try googling potential towns to overnight in and see what accommodations they offer. May also want to check the weather forecast for the areas you'll be traveling through and time it for the driest possible period. Packing a wet tent and sleeping bag in the rain is no fun.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Let me look into what it costs for shipping a bike to Omaha, we might be able to work something out. What's your zip code Krebs? Lots for Omaha...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 07-30-2009 at 11:00 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

68108. Let me know what you come up with.

The rain is also a thought. Riding that far would be biting off an awful lot. Shipping is probably the smart way. Less adventure, though!

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Oh and I also know people in Chicago and South Bend if that can help. Maybe you want to take one last ride and have friends there also and we can meet in the middle? Just brainstorming.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
road trips i try to stick in the woods and ride in the national forests... hranted thaT might be difficult considering the terain i cay amall tent and sleepin bag even on small trips just in cass i neeed to stay someplace... i used o take naps at rest areas and i find if ive been riding all day im not a fan of unpacking and re packing so i try too keep those necessities handy....

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Ok, I tried 4 different places and they came back with 596, 596, 589, and 597 bucks. It looks like no matter what we'd be working with 600 bucks for shipping it to you. Much love Krebs (you DID buy me a gremlin bell afterall!) but I'd probably try to sell it locally first. I'd work with you if you're hell bent but I feel like one way or the other, the shipping will eat into the final price of the bike. I feel like I could do better locally.

If you'd like to explore the road trip option I'm in. I'd be glad to help in anyway possible. Not sure its relevant yet but I live about 3 minutes from Philly International. I could pick you up. FYI, from your zip code to my exact address is 19 hours and 7 minutes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement