Happy 4th of July to One & All - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
The Reanimater

Happy 4th of July to One & All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzP__H9Ykac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yl5B3SVWQ

May Everyone have a Fun and Happy weekend with Family & Friends.
And May those that Have to Travel make it There and Back Home Safely.

Amen

JaY

"Veronica"
2002 VN750 Vulcan
Rebuilt Engine
ACCTs lubed w/TOC Springs
Pick-up Coils Gapped at .018"
Splines Lubed
Deka MF AGM EXT15L Battery
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
R/R Relocation Fix
New Rear Rack
Stock Seat Repadded
Ext-BackRest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 PM

The same to you Jay. Stay safe!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Love My Baby

This was sent to me by a friend. Thought it fit well here.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: Freedom is never free!

May God bless the USA and may God bless all members of VN750.com

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Happy Independence Day neighbors. We celebrate Canada Day on July 1, so I watched my fireworks last night. Thanks for posting that piece rubyrick. I`ve seen it before, but it is a valuable reminder to us all that the freedom we enjoy here in the USA and Canada, are not won free, but at great cost. May God continue to bless America.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 AM

Have a safe and Happy 4th...spend time with family and friends....and just enjoy yourselves....I will .....

2000 vn750 purchased in May 2008 13658 miles on her
degoated Cobra pipes added
metzler 880 on the rear in May 2009
Street Shield EX...(no more bugs)

NEEDED MODS
relocate rear turn signals
wanting to add a highway bar

But hey shes all mine and I love riding every chance I get!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Love My Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlHossCanada View Post
...May God continue to bless America.
And Canada.

Rubyrick

MY BABY...
'05 VN750
16,000 miles +
Kawi tank bib
Kawi rear rack
Small windshield
DEKA M/F battery
VN750.com Grill Cover
LED license plate frame
Clear Alternatives LED brake light
Cortech mini tank bag on rear rack
Pirelli MT66 Tires: 110 front / 150 rear
Splines lubed when tires installed at 10,650 miles
Splines lubed again at 14,400 with stubby valve stem install

Place your mouse on the X below and drag to the O

X
Even though you can't see Him, GOD is there! O
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyrick View Post
This was sent to me by a friend. Thought it fit well here.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. Some of us take these liberties so much for granted, but we shouldn't.

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: Freedom is never free!

May God bless the USA and may God bless all members of VN750.com
Yeah, a lot of this isn't true. Don't believe what you read on the internet, people! And always check with snopes.com before you make a fool of yourself and pass things along as true. If they sound too good to be true, like something you really want to hear, then it's probably not entirely factual.

Which is the case with this one. It's not out and out fabrication, but its not at all truthful, either.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/pricepaid.asp
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
The Reanimater

[QUOTE=krebsne;105414]Yeah, a lot of this isn't true. Don't believe what you read on the internet, people! And always check with snopes.com before you make a fool of yourself and pass things along as true. If they sound too good to be true, like something you really want to hear, then it's probably not entirely factual.

Just for your info I have found Snopes to be not entirely factual.

When I was in the 8th grade we had to take and pass a U.S. History & Goverment test before we could go to High School.
This was before the internet or Snopes.
We learned about what the signers lost.

So I would find what was written more Factual than what ever Snopes has to say about it.

JaY

"Veronica"
2002 VN750 Vulcan
Rebuilt Engine
ACCTs lubed w/TOC Springs
Pick-up Coils Gapped at .018"
Splines Lubed
Deka MF AGM EXT15L Battery
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
R/R Relocation Fix
New Rear Rack
Stock Seat Repadded
Ext-BackRest
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Newb with a Bullet!

[QUOTE=jthill524;105453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne View Post
Just for your info I have found Snopes to be not entirely factual.

When I was in the 8th grade we had to take and pass a U.S. History & Goverment test before we could go to High School.

So I would find what was written more Factual than what ever Snopes has to say about it.
If you have documented instances of Snopes being wrong, by all means show them. I'm not saying they are perfect, or infallible. But they are ACES at debunking internet garbage and are very thorough. They document their sources, do research, etc.

Just saying you've found errors there doesn't prove a thing unless you can identify AND substantiate those "errors". And of course, if they are on other pages besides the one we're talking about regarding the founders they are also irrelevant.

Snopes has point by point addressed that email and debunked much of it. If you can point by point debunk something of theirs by all means do so.

If you can not, then Snopes wins the day.

They didn't say that writeup about the founders was all bad, they said it was some true, some false. I for one would rather not have people sneaking BS in on me in amongst some truth. That's very disingenuous. The truth is good enough without embroidering the edges with lies.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2009, 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=jthill524;105453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by krebsne View Post

I concur that even snopes can be ... how shall we say it, "biased"? As you stated Jay, in years past more history was actually taught in school. Today it really isn't and yes even schools are "biased". The teachers are a product of government run education themselves and thus the whole systems from Kindergarten through college is highly incestuous and inbred. They are very efficient at producing obama voters. Too Bad... but I digress..

Happy 4th everybody and stay safe.

1996 Vulcan 750
1980 XJ650 Maxim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement