WOW!!! This forum is the best thing since slice bread!... - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

WOW!!! This forum is the best thing since slice bread!...

Ok so about a month ago I picked up a 2001 Vulcan 750 that sat for 3 years with less then a 1/4 tank of gas in the tank (so you know there was gas in the Carbs.

Anyways long story I was going to sell the bike either as it sits or fixed...

So I posted it on craigslist and I got a email for Crobins365 about the site and I could get help with my carb issue here.

So after a few post on here and talking with Crobins365 I knew I wouldn't have the time or patience to fix the issue as this is my busy time of the year for work and I have 3 kids. (and after looking at them carbs there was no way the bike would have been in one piece when I finished :::coughs::: Hammer would have been part of the bike when I was finished)

So as Crobins lives about a hour away I made a offer for her to do the carbs and come and install them when she was finished.

Well we agreed and off in the mountains I went to drop them off, about 1 week later and compete pictures as her progress was being done, she was at my back door with some sparkling Clean Carbs.

with in about 1 1/2 hours my bike was running again....but then we was stumped on a idle issue/Rev Restriction issue, but I don't quit or give up and corbins was done her job.So I kept going over the bike and talking to crobins on the phone trying to trouble shoot the problem.

I finally got the problem fixed (it was the Carb Vent hose).

So I need a few parts (a Turn signal and front brake lever) and Crobins said she had and both and gave me a GREAT price for them and mailed them out yesterday. WELL I GOT THEM TODAY AND THE BIKE IS NOW BACK TOGETHER 100%

So I went over to my storage (this is where OUR Vn750.com secret comes in) so SHHHH..... and took the tag off my CBR 900RR because I was dying to get this thing out on the HWY. put it on the 750 and off for a "Little ride" I went.

Well 200 miles later I arrived back home with a big smile on my face wanting more.

Anyways the whole point of this post is to say CROBINS365 thank you so much for all your time and help.

And to thank each and everyone of you for super fast responses with your trouble shooting suggestions.

This forum is one of kind and full of friendliness,great advise,answers and very well mannered and managed.

Thanks All,
Dave

PS if you want to see the full brake down and rebuild progress of my carbs and see what "DIRTY" carbs look like please check out Crobins365's gallery and look at all the ones that say "Daddydave's Carbs" I think there is 4 sets of pictures

Here is the link.
https://www.vn750.com/photopost/showg...500&ppuser=962

Last edited by daddydave325; 06-23-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: ad link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:24 PM

CORBINS365 UROCK!!! This site is like having a mechanic 24/7 at your finger tips. Post a picture of your bike when you get a chance and have a good ride with your like new bike.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Garage
Glad you got it going , they are impressive little machines ,now what are you goin' to do with 900RR,There is a little fat guy in Ky looking for something like that LOL

If you see it on my bike I did it
VROC#30324
92 vn750(sold)
Current ride 05 1500 Classic FI
lovin' the new scoot

Quote:
"When all is said and done,usually more is said than done" UNK
Click on one x and drag to the other to read between them.

Psalm 40:1...
XI waited patiently for the Lord; and he turned unto me, and heard my cry. X

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny6006 View Post
Glad you got it going , they are impressive little machines ,now what are you goin' to do with 900RR,There is a little fat guy in Ky looking for something like that LOL
my CBR is a Pro Stunt bike....and it will be with me til im gone.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brisson View Post
CORBINS365 UROCK!!! This site is like having a mechanic 24/7 at your finger tips. Post a picture of your bike when you get a chance and have a good ride with your like new bike.
This is the before pic...I will post some new ones in a few days
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 AM

Dave, I noticed in your pic your missing a swing arm cap like me. Your bike looks nice and, it looks like your son is waiting in line for his ride.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 02:27 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Cindy, those are really a great set of pictures of dismantelling and cleaning those carbs. The text accompanying each pic increases the value to a newbie wrench at least 10X.

You, my dear, are worth your weight in gold to the members of this forum, for the contributions you have made in pictures, posts, parts and repairs. I`m sure you are not finished yet either. We will be be thanking you again in the near future for illustrating yet another maintenance item on our beloved vn750s.

Keep up the good work, and lead on.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 AM

Aw, geez, you guys are making me blush...

Seriously, it's just how this forum works. I've had soooo much help from so many of you over the last couple of years, and Ron (lance328) has been on the phone with me a few times as I've tried to troubleshoot the carbs on my project bike. Now that I've learned a few things, it's my turn to lend a hand. But I have to agree with Dave - this forum ROCKS!!

C
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 AM

Being a member of this forum truly is enough justification for getting a VN750. The fact that you also have a bike loaded with all sorts of asskickery is just a big bonus!! I'll be honest, I had no idea what I bought when I bought it. Even today I'm learning about little odds and ends of the bike, almost fully inpart to me being a member here. I love this forum...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 06-24-2009 at 11:33 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 AM

No question about it, Cindy is an MVP and exemplifies what makes this forum so valuable to the VN750 owner. I've said it before, but this forum adds so much extra value to the VN750, it makes it a better bike for the money!

Fergy
Kyle, TX VN750.com member #707 VROC#19556
2002 VN1500 Classic
Spline Lube Procedure, with photos, R/R Relocation and Coil Mod
Rusty Tank Cleaning!
Electrical Fault Finding Flowchart
SEAFOAM JUNKIE!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement