I have tried a few different times to post pics using the insert image tab and input my address to where the pics located and all I get is that damn "X" symbol. WTF???
It sounds like you are doing it correctly. But here are my suggestions.
1. Go to the VN750.com Gallery. Click on "My Albums" and create an album. Upload your photos into it.
2. Open your album, choose a photo, and double-click on it.
3. Right-click on the photo; left-click on "Properties."
4. Copy the URL address for that particular photo.
5. When writing a post, click on the "Insert Image" icon and paste the URL address in it.
6. Click OK, and the photo will appear in the text of your message.
If this seems complicated, be assured that the whole process takes only seconds.