Tail light lens - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Members who have donated towards server costs

Cool Tail light lens

Does anyone know if the lens on our 750s is the same size as the one on a Vulcan 1500 or 800? Or, can anyone tell me the exact distance center to center of the mounting holes on the V 800 or the V 1500 lenses.

The lenses on either of those bikes are very close to if not the same as ours and I want to order something that may or may not fit. Thanks

2003 Wine/Gray VN750 bought in 2005 w/2000 Miles
LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemguy View Post
Does anyone know if the lens on our 750s is the same size as the one on a Vulcan 1500 or 800? Or, can anyone tell me the exact distance center to center of the mounting holes on the V 800 or the V 1500 lenses.

The lenses on either of those bikes are very close to if not the same as ours and I want to order something that may or may not fit. Thanks
The lenses are different for all three bikes!!! Why would you want to order something that may or may not fit???? Just order the one that fits our bike.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Lance, appreciate your advice. If I could order the right one I would but it is temporarily not available. I am talking about the LED board for the tail light. They don't have the one for our bike but the measurements are very very close for the 1500, 800, 88 and Nomad. If I can get the measurements for the mounting holes on the tail lamp lens for any one of those models I will know if I can order the board.

Thanks,

LED Tail/Brakelight & License Plate Light;Chrome Inspection Sticker Plate ;Battery Charging Quick Plug;Kuryakyn LED Battery Voltmeter;Throttle Rocker Palm Rest;Optronics Driving Lamps;KnifeMaker Floor Boards;Halogen Headlamp Bulb;OEM Engine Guard;Iridium Spark Plugs;OEM Luggage rack;Stebel Air Horn;Handlebar Clock; Handlebar Thermometer; Sealed Battery; Marbled; Leather Grip Covers; Rectangular Mirrors

~VROC~ # 389

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 AM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemguy View Post
Lance, appreciate your advice. If I could order the right one I would but it is temporarily not available. I am talking about the LED board for the tail light. They don't have the one for our bike but the measurements are very very close for the 1500, 800, 88 and Nomad. If I can get the measurements for the mounting holes on the tail lamp lens for any one of those models I will know if I can order the board.

Thanks,
I apologize I thought you were looking for a lens, I did not see the part where you were looking for the LED board.

85 VN700 "Old Yella"

REBUILT ENGINE
CUSTOM PAINT
VANCE & HINES CRUZERS
EAR SHAVED AND RE-JETTED W/K&N'S
DUNLOP ELITE K591 FRONT & REAR
VOLTMETER
SYNTHETIC BRAKE FLUID
SYNTHETIC OIL & GEAR LUBE
PLEXISTAR 2 WINDSHIELD
SPLINES LUBED
ACCT'S GREASED W/TOC SPRINGS
COASTERD
LEATHER SADDLE BAGS
LEATHER TOOL AND ROLL BAG
PICKUP COILS GAPPED AT .018"
NGK CAP, WIRES, IRIDUMS
BARNETT FRICTION PLATES & SPRINGS
CUSTOM GRIPS, MIRRORS, LEVERS
ORIGINAL STATOR & R/R 14.5v
DEKA MF AGM ETX15L

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:45 AM

Here's an LED board that fits, (was made for) the Vulcan 750-

Clear Alternatives

Alot of people around here have this....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Newb with a Bullet!

There are also LED boards on eBay. Search "kawasaki vulcan 750 LED". They will come up in the eBay stores.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Doug, I wanted to buy the board from Clear Alternatives but they are out for about 2 months. They have the one for the other bikes i mentioned and the measurements are close so I wanted to make sure it fits before I order it. Everything is OK except I am not sure about the exact distance from screw to screw on the mounting.

~VROC~ # 389
Sponsored Links
Advertisement