Please help i have a important question - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Please help i have a important question

I have a question, I have a 1999 vn 750 and my gauges are so rusty when i bought the bile. And when i saw the price of new ones i about flipped. ( first bike) ....Here is a link to eBay they have a 1986 gauges i was wondering if that would fit on my bike?
Well i can't leave the link to were i saw it on eBay, so i have the item number just type it in and it will show you the item I'm talking about .

Item number: 370193084338
And this is what the item reads( Kawasaki Vulcan VN700 VN 700 750 VN750 gauges tach ++)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

A 1986 VN750 is the virtually the same as the 2006, you should not have a problem. I see used gauges on Ebay all the time. You can also ask folks here if they have a set, good folks here who are more than willing to help.

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
will be the same however the milage will be diffrent what i have done was hit it with steel wool this works but process has to be repeated often... i then masked everyhting off except the rings and painted them to match the tank they also make grey and silver paint too... its up to you its 5 dollars and and quick easy fix!!!

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhusn View Post
A 1986 VN750 is the virtually the same as the 2006, you should not have a problem. I see used gauges on Ebay all the time. You can also ask folks here if they have a set, good folks here who are more than willing to help.
thank you for that answer that helps
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeeare View Post
will be the same however the milage will be diffrent what i have done was hit it with steel wool this works but process has to be repeated often... i then masked everyhting off except the rings and painted them to match the tank they also make grey and silver paint too... its up to you its 5 dollars and and quick easy fix!!!
Yeah i heard about the steel wool, i think i will try and buy a new one is there a way to match the milage that i have now to the one i will buy ?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

I saw a new speedometer housing on e-bay last night, might want to check it out.

The Flag on my bike honors those who serve our Country and those who have served!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I've got a couple of options for you. I have a couple of cleaned and rebuilt tachs and speedos that I could sell you - $40 speedo, $50 tach; also have a brand new speedo - zero miles (hard to match that to an '86!) - and could sell it for less than what you can get the part from Ayers or Bike Bandit ($165).

C
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
CWO3 Navy (Retired)

There you go, you can't be that offer! Gotta love this Forum!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 03:44 AM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobins365 View Post
I've got a couple of options for you. I have a couple of cleaned and rebuilt tachs and speedos that I could sell you - $40 speedo, $50 tach; also have a brand new speedo - zero miles (hard to match that to an '86!) - and could sell it for less than what you can get the part from Ayers or Bike Bandit ($165).
Is $165 the Ayers and Bike Bandits retail price, or your asking price, Cindy. Sorry for the Noob Question, but I really have no idea what some of these pieces are worth.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Vintage bike addict

Get some hammerite paint and just wire brush the housing semi smooth then paint. The Hammerite is real tough and shiny when fully dry and can be painted right over rust. It stops the rust. Great stuff. You can get it in smooth finish or a hammered metal finish. I just recently saw that rustoleum also has a hammered finish paint.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement