Good CHEAP riding glasses? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockster View Post
Places like Lowe's and hardware stores usually have some good ones too.
Hey Spockster - The pair I ordered from Amazon should arrive Thursday. Great timing, as the weather is finally going to be up to 80 degrees here in So. Maine, a good chance to take a long ride and try them out. I actually have to go to Lowes today, but before I end up with 20 pair of different glasses, I'll get feedback 1st on the ones on the way, lol.

1986 VN750 26,000 miles
Deka AGM Battery 4-2020
All else stock, more to come thanks to VN750.com members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RadCJ5 View Post
Quote:
Places like Lowe's and hardware stores usually have some good ones too.
Hey Spockster - The pair I ordered from Amazon should arrive Thursday. Great timing, as the weather is finally going to be up to 80 degrees here in So. Maine, a good chance to take a long ride and try them out. I actually have to go to Lowes today, but before I end up with 20 pair of different glasses, I'll get feedback 1st on the ones on the way, lol.
Yeah, you don't need a desk drawer full of glasses, like Fred Sanford. 🙂

Had to spark up the AC yesterday, and need it right now. We're done with the cold weather finally.

Makes me want to ride, ride, ride. Just about ready to go look at the new Honda Talon.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more
__________________________________________________ ____________
Repair Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mj7z81..._Catalogue.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nscb5f...ers+Manual.pdf
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Had to spark up the AC yesterday, and need it right now. We're done with the cold weather finally.

Makes me want to ride, ride, ride. Just about ready to go look at the new Honda Talon.
LOL @ Fred Sanford - I watch that all the time, I DVR it along with All in the family. The Talon is a beast, but unless I travel way north, there is nowhere for me to use such a sweet ride, I wish it was built road legal for over 20 grand in cost! I don't even use my 660 Grizzly, has been covered up for 3 years. Out of staters have bought up all the land here, it's horrible. I do really like those Polaris Slingshots though. Really cool looking, side by side, and I don't have to remember to put my feet down, lol. We never have too many toys!

1986 VN750 26,000 miles
Deka AGM Battery 4-2020

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

LOL @ Fred Sanford - I watch that all the time, I DVR it along with All in the family. The Talon is a beast, but unless I travel way north, there is nowhere for me to use such a sweet ride, I wish it was built road legal for over 20 grand in cost! I don't even use my 660 Grizzly, has been covered up for 3 years. Out of staters have bought up all the land here, it's horrible. I do really like those Polaris Slingshots though. Really cool looking, side by side, and I don't have to remember to put my feet down, lol. We never have too many toys!
The Oreion Reeper is street legal in 49 states, Maine excluded.
https://www.oreionmotors.com/reeper-apex

I have an old Foreman and a newer one I take to the farm, but thinking a nice seat with a backrest would work better for me. Honda Pioneer comes much cheaper, going to check it out too.

We're legal on any road with no paint stripes, and allowed on the been between back roads.

2003-21k mi
Shaved w/UniPK92+Stock Jets-TPE/MOSFET-Shinko Tires-AGM batt-bags-chrome-LEDs...more

Last edited by Spockster; 05-18-2020 at 01:36 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

I have an old Foreman and a newer one I take to the farm, but thinking a nice seat with a backrest would work better for me. Honda Pioneer comes much cheaper, going to check it out too.

We're legal on any road with no paint stripes, and allowed on the been between back roads.
I'd love an on road vehicle with a back rest also. I broke my lower spine in 1996, at 26 years old and am paying the price more every day. Took a wipeout off my 500cc two stroke Suzuki quadzilla. Was an amazing machine, but I am slowing down a bit more and enjoying whats left of the ride of life. I have never heard of the Reeper until now. I have just scoured the net, and I LOVE this machine! It appears I can buy one fairly close by. It is apparently road legal here in Maine, however only as a low speed vehicle with top speed of 25mph. Screw that, I want the 65mph+ version if I am going to drop the cash. Why Maine has to be the only state where only the low speed version is legal on road is beyond me. The forum I saw that info in was from 2013 though. I'm surprised I have never heard of it yet. Wonder if the law is still the same... I have had a Jeep CJ since 1994, and it is original body, custom built, and flies like the wind. Custom built frame and everything, built it myself. However, it's a bit high, and throwing my leg up in the air to get in is beginning to catch up to me. It is always garaged unless driven. Never seen rain or snow. I'd sell that and buy a Reeper to park in that bay of the garage if it were legal to have the high speed version in Maine now... Perhaps I should call a dealer and ask them if it's still the same.. Dammit Spockster, I have no more mortgage, and no real bills other than utilities, and you have to lead me into temptation, lol.

1986 VN750 26,000 miles
Deka AGM Battery 4-2020
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'd love an on road vehicle with a back rest also. I broke my lower spine in 1996, at 26 years old and am paying the price more every day. Took a wipeout off my 500cc two stroke Suzuki quadzilla. Was an amazing machine, but I am slowing down a bit more and enjoying whats left of the ride of life. I have never heard of the Reeper until now. I have just scoured the net, and I LOVE this machine! It appears I can buy one fairly close by. It is apparently road legal here in Maine, however only as a low speed vehicle with top speed of 25mph. Screw that, I want the 65mph+ version if I am going to drop the cash. Why Maine has to be the only state where only the low speed version is legal on road is beyond me. The forum I saw that info in was from 2013 though. I'm surprised I have never heard of it yet. Wonder if the law is still the same... I have had a Jeep CJ since 1994, and it is original body, custom built, and flies like the wind. Custom built frame and everything, built it myself. However, it's a bit high, and throwing my leg up in the air to get in is beginning to catch up to me. It is always garaged unless driven. Never seen rain or snow. I'd sell that and buy a Reeper to park in that bay of the garage if it were legal to have the high speed version in Maine now... Perhaps I should call a dealer and ask them if it's still the same.. Dammit Spockster, I have no more mortgage, and no real bills other than utilities, and you have to lead me into temptation, lol.
May as well pull you under with me. There's a lot of pressure being debt free, pressure to buy sumptin new.

When I first saw the Reeper, they were illegal on Maine roads, so at least they softened their stance on them.

Last I checked, they had a 3cyl Chery engine, designed and/or built by GM. I would have to have a test drive before buying, don't know what the MSRP is now, used to be $12k, been seeing used ones around $7-8k.

Limiting to 25mph seems like it just creates a hazard. Someone will be tempted to head down a highway with 35-55 speed limit.

2003-21k mi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement