Emissions Crap - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Diesel Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, isn't it there for a reason?
Yes, emissions. It has no other function.

1989 VN750
Highway blaster

2006 Honda Rebel Diesel
100mpg, low and slow

1982 Mercedes 300D
Modified engine, 4-speed manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 11:45 AM
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to OleDirtyDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDiesel View Post
Yes, emissions. It has no other function.
That I KNOW, but was not the point I was trying to make here. You've been here long enough to know the point I am trying to make.

Sent from my 100005206 using Tapatalk
One1 and ubertalldude like this.

ONE RATS ASS GIVEN PER POST
Support your local FREEBIRDS MC
1986/5 Vn700/750 Frankenfook cross eyed bitch "Mellisa Fayhe"
I am a BIKER and i'm proud.FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY

lowered with progessive 412 10" shocks
rejetted for K/N Pods part#rc 2340
sportster seat

'I didn't lose my mind.i gave it away

BRING BACK WOLFIE."Peace and Carrots"RIP
"And I'm free...as a bird"John Lennon Free as a Bird
"I only carry when I have my pants on"Joe Robinson RIP aka Old Dog

Last edited by OleDirtyDoc; 03-05-2020 at 11:49 AM.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 01:23 PM
2005 VN 750

Garage
My question remains: Will my bike, that runs okay, work SIGNIFICANTLY better if I take the time to remove or defeat part or all of the CA emission system? I seem to remember reading somewhere in the past that all of these bikes in 2005 where equipped to comply with the more stringent CA emission specs, regardless of what US state they were destined for.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
My question remains: Will my bike, that runs okay, work SIGNIFICANTLY better if I take the time to remove or defeat part or all of the CA emission system? I seem to remember reading somewhere in the past that all of these bikes in 2005 where equipped to comply with the more stringent CA emission specs, regardless of what US state they were destined for.

I have a 2005 and I do not have the additional CA emissions “crap”. The other stuff I left on there because I kinda like the popping on deceleration. I bought the bike in NJ, I have no idea where the PO was from. But point being is I think the CA emissions equipment is specific to CA only.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Will my bike, that runs okay, work SIGNIFICANTLY better if I take the time to remove or defeat part or all of the CA emission system?
Nope. A properly running bike will not be affected by the emissions systems with regards strictly to engine performance.

Removing emissions systems on this bike is usually done for a few reasons:
-make the carbs easier to access
-reduce popping on deceleration
-declutter the look of the bike

Earshave+Rejet (38/135) – NGK Iridiums – MCCT Conversion – Slipstreamer S03 Windshield – Custom Extended Backrest – Custom Highway Bars – MOSFET R/R – LED Underglow – Volt+USB In-Dash – Two-Wire & Blue-Wire Mod – Satin Black Engine Paint – Dampers Parts - Jets: Main=99101-393(#132 stock)/Pilot=n424-22 Pilot(#38 stock)
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VN750Rider/Jerry View Post
My first reason is philosophical. It's GARBAGE that doesn't belong there. Removing it will also get rid of a lot of excess weight and a ridiculous amount of clutter. Like I've said before, if you remove both the PAIR system and EVAP system, it is enough GARBAGE to fill a 5 gallon bucket. Do you really want that CRAP on your bike? If it were a new bike, I could see leaving it there till the warranty expired (but still disabling it), then getting rid of it. You can disable the PAIR system simply by removing the huge ugly hoses from the reed valve covers, plugging them with marbles, and putting the hoses back. You can disable the EVAP system by removing both hoses at the rear of the gas tank, and removing the guts from the gas cap. But you're still hauling around 5 gallons of EPA GARBAGE. Made me feel real good getting rid of it. I have been fighting the EPA since 1975. They are the biggest enemy of any bike or car enthusiast.
Are you aware that dual spark plugs have better emissions than single spark plugs? Perhaps you should remove one of those...

'89 VN750 Bought stock 4/12/18 @ 17805.9 miles $800. Wrecked once. 27454.5+ miles

Completed modifications:
Removed mufflers, straight pipes out of GB. 110/90 Front Tire. Pick-up coil mod. Shindengen MOSFET FH020AA r/r. USB Outlet + Voltmeter. Repainted Metallic Blue w/ new tank bages. Ear Shave (wo/ coasters) 40/140 NO shims 45MPG. MCCT conversion.

Planned modifications:
Custom LED turn signals. Windshield. Highway Pegs. (Possible) ignition adv. Tuxedo Mod. Ignition coil mod.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 07:20 PM
2005 VN 750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
I have a 2005 and I do not have the additional CA emissions “crap”. The other stuff I left on there because I kinda like the popping on deceleration. I bought the bike in NJ, I have no idea where the PO was from. But point being is I think the CA emissions equipment is specific to CA only.
I bought my 2005 in PA 9 years ago and I am trying to figure out why I concluded back then that this was a CA model, and I'm not sure why at this point. It had that eyesore of a sticker on the tank rearward of the filler cap which said not to overfill it, and it has two rubber hoses that connect to the tank below the front of the seat. (Maybe the non-CA models also came with this in 2005?) I'd swear that I remember seeing a sticker hidden somewhere on the bike that shows a diagram of some sort of emission system. (Am I imagining this?) I keep my bikes in a storage unit out in the country where it is fun to ride. I am due to go fetch the battery to bring it home for a charge. I am going to see if I can find that sticker. By the way, I have never had any exhaust popping when decelerating with this bike, which has about 10k miles.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 07:22 PM
2005 VN 750

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubertalldude View Post
Nope. A properly running bike will not be affected by the emissions systems with regards strictly to engine performance.

Removing emissions systems on this bike is usually done for a few reasons:
-make the carbs easier to access
-reduce popping on deceleration
-declutter the look of the bike
Thank you for the info. I am going to leave things the way they are as long as the bike runs okay.
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Diesel Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
You've been here long enough to know the point I am trying to make.
No, I don't have any idea who you are. Nor do I really care.... especially now.
You asked a question, I answered factually. There is no need to be rude.

1989 VN750
Highway blaster

2006 Honda Rebel Diesel
100mpg, low and slow

1982 Mercedes 300D
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Diesel Tech

Quote:
My question remains: Will my bike, that runs okay, work SIGNIFICANTLY better if I take the time to remove or defeat part or all of the CA emission system?
Yes. Removing the evap system, EGR and decel enrichment will keep the air/fuel ratio closer to ideal during operation and prevent unnecessary carbon deposit buildup.

1989 VN750
Highway blaster

2006 Honda Rebel Diesel
100mpg, low and slow

1982 Mercedes 300D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement