Good luck, thanks for the tip on the military discount from Advance Auto. I didn't know they did that. I'll be sure and ask next time I'm.
By the way, I bought my Iridium Spark Plugs from the there last week and took my first ride with them today, what a difference! $29 very well spent! My Vulcan thinks it's a 1200!
Cliff and Everyone --
I also bought Iridiums a few days ago but haven't installed them yet--looking forward to it!
Yep, be sure to ask for your military discount.
SPLINE LUBE UPDATE:
* Lubed the splines today using Fergy's well written guide
Thanx Fergy! (Photos attached)
* Splines and gears were wet with grease and in excellent condition (lucky!)
* Loosened axle lock nut prior
to putting bike on center stand to reduce risk of rolling off center stand
* Had to remove right muffler (see 3rd pic)
* Front end (u-joints) looked new but w/o any grease
* Also changing the final drive fluid
* No major problems but it was brutal working in 86o heat in the shed w/o air condition
* More photos next page
* I'll put it all back together when I get the tire from Ma Kawi
I have the brake hub tied to the wheel (see 1st pic). But I'll take the rear wheel to Ma Kawi tomorrow for a new Metzeler 880. Do I need to remove the brake hub?
If so, is there a special way to remove it? What do I need to watch out for?
I don't know what's in there and I'm afraid I won't know how to reassemble it.
I would appreciate any tips concerning the brake hub!