Good soap to get the grim off! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
D2u
D2u

Good soap to get the grim off!

Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as a really good soap spray on type that will remove all the road grim and maybe build up oil,or just plain old grimmygreese junk on the bottom of the bike and wheels. Spray on hose off is what im really looking for. Something i dont have to spend hours scrubbing to make things come clean... or am i just dreaming of such a product?

1992 VN750 22,350 miles 18,700 when I bought it last year 04/17/2008

Streetshield EX
degoat
drilled mufflers
splines lubed
Capped (soon to be coaster)
Custom Grips
Wide blade levers
Throw over leather saddlebags
Deka MF AGM ETX15L
NGK Iridums
DIY Brackets,and highway pegs

To do list.
custom seat
teardrop mirrors
DIY Floor boards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Old Fart

Garage
Most folks I know that use a hose ( arrrgh..sacreligous as it might be..) use this stuff called "Simple Green" or "Simply Green" and say the stuff is the shizzle. You do have to remember to rinse it off good, as there were a few reports of it discoloring aluminun if left on for along time.

Dawn dish detergent works well too, but will remove wax, so you have to re-wax after cleaning.

I just buy Honda spray polish by the case and keep the garden hose for watering the lawn...............

KM

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Theres some stuff called S100 an all over bike wash. Works realy good, get it at the Yamaha place here at home.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Intelligent Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapHAB View Post
Theres some stuff called S100 an all over bike wash. Works realy good, get it at the Yamaha place here at home.
This is what I am using, it does very well and will not discolor your tires and rubber like simple green does (simple green breaks down carbon chains and rubber is made up of a lot of carbon chains).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapHAB View Post
thats what i was going to suggest.... but i thought it was s1000
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 01:34 AM

has anyone used a product called bike bright ? i heard it is good too . i just use elbowgrease and some automotive car wash soap, ehen a good wax job

DRAGONRIDER
RIDE LONG AND RIDE SAFE
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 08:03 AM

I use the same stuff you'd use on a car but it has tiny breakable beads of wax already in it. I gave her a bath last week and she came up better than when I got her, looked brand new. I got a PM complementing me on the look of the blue paint on our bikes. I worked at it though, I was meticulous and careful and used lots of good old fashioned elbow grease, especially when drying her. I got in all the hard to reach places. Afterward I went back in the house, put all the stuff away, hung out with the girlfriend for a bit, came back outside to put her away and when I saw her I was blown away! The sun was out and she was literally sparkling. I had to take her out for a quick spin, couldn't resist. My opinion: go big or go home. Elbow grease and time spent doing it right really pays off...

Last edited by LibertyPilot; 11-02-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement