Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Here we go......

976 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  OleDirtyDoc 
#1 ·
Well, the engine is out and on the bench and im checking over everything now that its easy to get to. New stator is going in tomorrow, and the carbs are soaking in cleaner. Stepping up 2 sizes in jets and going to pod filters and opening up the pipes. Any other suggestions other than a R/R swap. Bike really is clean. Im amazed!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's about what I had my bike stripped down to when I had the engine out. I was able to get it out without removing the bevel drive gear case. Jetting is a guessing game. You may get it about right, you may have to rejet it.

#3 ·
I thought it would come out without removing it, but I didnt have an extra set of hands and wanted to make sure I didnt put to much pressure on the shift rod. Just kind of going on past experiences here in florida. No elevation to speak of, but lots of humidity. I figure 40s for the pilot and 140s for the mains. Probably two needle shims should get me PDC. (hopefully)

#6 ·
Well, I may be going a little rich then. Wont be to bad to swap them now that the air box is gone. When she's running again, i guess i'll pull the plugs and see what they say. I dont think it should be to awful rich since im going to a free flowing exhaust, and all things considered i would rather be a little rich than to lean. Just my personal opinion!!

#7 ·
On the road again.......

Current state of undress...Removed back of seat, and backrest. No turn signals as of now, but they are coming. Suzuki savage 650 rear shocks for a 2" drop in the back. Pod filters, tach and speedo removed,(aftermarket temp gauge on the way) and aftermarket voltmeter on the way. Sure I have forgotten plenty. They say a picture is worth a thousand words......

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.