Rear Case - Page 2 - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 02:07 PM

I didn’t have to find the brackets. That was part of the universal mount that came with the box. There’s 4 bolts, 4 square washers, 4 nuts, and 4 curved brackets that clamp under the stock luggage rack. If my bike was here I’d snap a pic for you but the shop is taking it’s good ole time getting it done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

I had a Shad SH33 on the back of a Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter. But it would not fit on the stock Vulcan 750 rack. The rack is too short. It is also too narrow, but would probably work, if you just made it longer. A welding shop could cut it and add some more tubing to it to make it bigger. But I would find one off ebay if you plan to modify it. Those racks are getting hard to find. I have the same saddlebag mounting/turn signal relocation brackets as on that bike. They are as rare as hens teeth. On the Vulcan I have the extended backrest, and just use a T bag setup. The one in the picture also has a roll bag that goes on top. I never thought top cases looked right on cruisers.

https://i1066.photobucket.com/albums...ps3874117a.jpg

I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker.

1997 Vulcan 750, purchased about a week ago
2006 Sportster 1200 Low
2013 Royal Enfield Bullet 500, converted to carb
2001 Yamaha XT225, heavily modified
2004 Honda Rebel 250
1979 Vespa P200E
2002 Vulcan 750 parts bike
1994 Yamaha XT225 parts bike

Last edited by VN750Rider/Jerry; 06-14-2019 at 12:31 AM.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirnibor View Post
I'm considering this case, because a reviewer posted it worked with his slotted sissy bar - https://www.amazon.com/Emgo-72-32440...90W4YHB90GPTPD

I would prefer the Givi brand, but I don't see their mounting brackets that work with our slotted luggage racks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B000GVD0VE
If you prefer the Givi, here is the mount bracket, follow the link and you'll see the HW that comes with it. When i ordered the box this came with it. Installed on bike in less than 10 mins

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-adapter-plate

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:57 PM

Finally got the bike back here’s the mount I was talking about, this came with the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3616E9DC-49E6-4ED4-AE9C-A10C26665E50_1560981316532.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	46085   Click image for larger version

Name:	94575A9C-514C-40FF-91A9-CB05490EEC02_1560981455956.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	46087  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:00 PM
GDI

I've had that Emgo box, and the Givi box. Had them on different but very similar bikes.

I liked the Emgo box itself at the time (she was my first!). It seemed to be fairly durable. Problem with that box was that the mount broke. I would carry groceries in it, so was probably overloaded at times. I ended up bolting it to directly to the bike, and then it was fine. Was just lucky that I didn't lose it when the attachment broke.

The Givi never broke, and had probably longer but similar usage. I don't remember if the Emgo box leaked, but the Givi did. The box seemed kinda flimsy, and I didn't realize it at the time, but for my use I much prefer a "square" box. The Givi was this weird rounded shape that makes it hard to haul anything with shape to it. Works fine for clothing, rain gear, or the like. . . .

GDI
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
Finally got the bike back here’s the mount I was talking about, this came with the box.
I've found the OEM luggage rack to be completely inadequate for holding anything wider than 1ft across. I've got a mock-up of a platform very similar to that mount/adapter you've got there, but it extends sideways from the rack on both sides. It'll have a couple eyelets on it so something big can be bungied securely, or a crate can be mounted for carrying gallons of milk, etc. Still working out the kinks on a quick-release connection so I can remove the extra bulk when not on a grocery run.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmart View Post
I've found the OEM luggage rack to be completely inadequate for holding anything wider than 1ft across. I've got a mock-up of a platform very similar to that mount/adapter you've got there, but it extends sideways from the rack on both sides. It'll have a couple eyelets on it so something big can be bungied securely, or a crate can be mounted for carrying gallons of milk, etc. Still working out the kinks on a quick-release connection so I can remove the extra bulk when not on a grocery run.
I’d be interested to see what you come up with. This case and bracket seems much stronger than the first set I bought, but because it’s a little bigger I feel like it cantilevers a just little further off the back. I thought about adding to or replacing the stock rack just for a little more support
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:59 AM

Garage
I'll be sure to post pictures once I get the wobbles worked out.

1992 US-nonCA * tuxedo mod * r/r relocated

Vulcan slang for newcomers
Service Manual Download
Wiring Diagram + annotations * still undergoing revisions, but still more useful than the generic one. Let me know if you find mistakes or think something additional should be added
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:31 PM

Sounds like a plan, thx
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:48 PM
Old Fart

Garage
I bought this one from JC Whitney for $45:

Been using it for the last 8 years, no problems. Just bought some "U" bolts and mounted the mounting plate to the luggage rack, which is pretty much the same design as the Vulcan one.

If You Are Not Sure If I Am Joking or Not....I AM !!Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/sets/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement