Damn neighbors - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to fendereff Send a message via MSN to fendereff Send a message via Yahoo to fendereff Send a message via Skype™ to fendereff
Damn neighbors

Well two days after I get my bike fixed, some buckfutter backs in to my bike and knocks it over, breaks the clutch handle, cracks the speedo pod, and other various scratches. I figured out witch car it was since they left some paint on my license plate and I saw the gash on their bumper this morning. They will pay.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Go get'm, thats dirty period...... Battery acid everywhere, they should be responsible for anything that goes wrong for the next 10yrs......
No joke I feel your pain, well not quite as bad as you though......
Have a good one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Members who have donated towards server costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendereff View Post
Well two days after I get my bike fixed, some buckfutter backs in to my bike and knocks it over, breaks the clutch handle, cracks the speedo pod, and other various scratches. I figured out witch car it was since they left some paint on my license plate and I saw the gash on their bumper this morning. They will pay.......
Let the authorities handle it. Doing something stupid could result in jail time. Hard to ride in the slammer.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to fendereff Send a message via MSN to fendereff Send a message via Yahoo to fendereff Send a message via Skype™ to fendereff
Yea Im pretty sure Im going to call in a hit and run on them
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 01:38 PM

That's what it sounds like! Good call.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM

That sucks. I got my bike knocked over in a hit-and-run last week too while parking in the street (rear wheel touching the curb, bike facing out). I take great pains to park at the front end of the street, and on the left side too, to avoid the backed-into-my-bike scenario, so someone must have swerved into it from behind (maybe to go around another car) and clipped it on the front wheel. That may explain why I was lucky enough not to get any cosmetic damage (new scratches or dents), though I did have to realign the front end and replace the fork seals (one of which had ruptured).

Another rider commented that the VN750 has a centerstand, which is rather rare for a cruiser, and that parking it on the centerstand would be much more stable -- "If a car backs into it, unless it's a truck with a very high fender, it's going to push the bike instead of knocking it off the kickstand".

Dunno how true that is but I am now parking on the centerstand when I park curbside! (Unless it's on a hill)

"Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea." (Despair.com)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Linkmeister Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by robardin View Post
Another rider commented that the VN750 has a centerstand, which is rather rare for a cruiser, and that parking it on the centerstand would be much more stable -- "If a car backs into it, unless it's a truck with a very high fender, it's going to push the bike instead of knocking it off the kickstand".
Dunno how true that is but I am now parking on the centerstand when I park curbside! (Unless it's on a hill)
I don`t think I can agree with the theory that the centerstand is more stable than the sidestand. The centerstand will have the bike sitting up with a higher center of gravity and a narrower "footprint". I feel it is more stable with a wider stance when using the sidestand.

The centerstand is a Godsent when doing some of the maintenance on the bike, or to park it back in the corner of the garage for winter storage, and take up less space. JMHO

fendereff, I`m glad you were able to indentify the guilty party, but it`s too bad that it`s a neighbor. Too often the hit and run to a bike or auto is in a parking lot and you never find them. Look for everything possible to have their insurance pay for. Stick it to them for not having the courtest to come to the door, or at least leave a note on the bike, owning up to the accident.

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

Last edited by OlHossCanada; 03-21-2009 at 12:30 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
move your bike next to there car and wash it over and over again and glare at them when they come out ... then look at the damage to there car and park your bike back home.. give them one more opertunity to own up if nothing happens call the cops and go that route,,, i dont know what your parking sit looks like or who drives there car it was wrong to knock u over ..... ok ok ok just shoot the bastard...

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:14 PM

That just happened to another guy here a short time ago, Big Rep is his screen name. I never did follow up if he found out who tagged his ride.

Some people have no friggin clue anymore.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 12:03 AM
fuzz

that is called a hit and run .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendereff View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement