Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

OK, That's Just Nasty...

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Fire Ant 
#1 ·
On my way home from work yesterday, I was traveling down a two lane road when I saw an RV coming toward me in the other lane. I also noticed something spraying into my lane from the back of the RV. I moved over to the extreme right-hand side of my half of the road (pretty well riding the white line) just before the RV passed me. It was at that point that I realized that the spray coming out the back of the RV was the black-water tank draining! I had a really foul-smelling ride for the next couple of miles until I reached the point where he had turned onto the roadway. Thank God I was able to move over in time...

--FA

#2 · (Edited)
Too bad you couldn`t have got the licence plate number and turned the selfish, lazy S.O.B. in. There`s no reason for dumping black water on a public road. There are drains at most every campground. Good that you avoided getting sprayed.

#3 ·
Disgusting!

#6 ·
Once I got north of the point where he started spraying on the roadway, it was ok, but having to ride next to that crap (pun not *really* intended, but I didn't take great strides to avoid it, either) until I reached that point was pretty foul. It by the direction of the trail, it looked like he was *coming* from a campground. I don't know if he didn't want to pay the dump fee or what...

--FA

#9 ·
Was it the Dave Mattews Band tour bus?
The tour bus they "hired" was cought dumping the black water tank on a steel grated bridge crossing the Chicago River a couple years back...the only reason they were caught is because it doused a filled tour boat of tourists on the river...this was near the downtown area even!

Good luck getting the stank off the bike!

#10 ·
ahhh glad you didn't get sprayed!!
I did once by some pigs ohh boys it was nasty!!! Riding on the Highway, i started to smell some bad odor....next thing you know, not too far ahead of me was a 18 wheeler carrying a bunch of pigs...man the smell was bad, my full face didn't make a difference.
Anyway i had 2 options, stay as far as possible from the truck and smell him throughout the ride or pass the damn truck very quickly!! i did the second option, as i was passing it, somehow a pig took a piss and with the wind this thing sprayed all over me!!!!ahhhhhh i was mad and stinky!!! that day i trashed all the clothes i was wearing and washed KAWA for about 4 hours.... ;)

#11 ·
Horse and cow crap is one thing, but chicken, hog and human crap is another...
A little clean horse or cow crap never hurt anyone, but that other stuff will get really you...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#12 ·
And I thought my day was going for .......

Now I don't feel so bad. But I need a shower now.

#13 ·
I got lucky in that I saw it coming. I got as far over to the right as I could and was careful not to ride in any of the slop after I passed him, so neither the bike nor I got sprayed or had any flung up on us (thank God). Was just out doing some preventive checkups on the bike this afternoon (no loose bolts, fluid levels ok, tires ok, etc), and the bike smelled like...well....a bike. They could patent the cologne...

--FA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.