GRRR. Damn drunk drivers Pooor vulcan - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
VN750 General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Simple Solutions

Send a message via MSN to seebeeare Send a message via Yahoo to seebeeare
Angry GRRR. Damn drunk drivers Pooor vulcan

Some of you know i just put a new larger tank on my bike well i loved it and didnt even get a chance to use a tank of gas not even the milage of the old tank, I was waiting for the ferry and chattin with another kawi rider at the dock tonight when this gold accord came out of nowhere swervin all the way up the ramp im honking and flashin yellin and screaming and i had to abandon ship.... poor poor vulcan im sick im pist im ok there has to be a reason for it.... needless to say i missed the boat and after a long drawn out process of the other bike chacing her down ashe was arrested, I dont know why i was in tears to see her get arrested but her mom brought her down to the dock and was shocked to see her arrested to, a huge dent in the tank (but my welding held !!!) and she completly knocked my footpeg off and snaped my shift rod off at the shifter, Some one here is gonna give me great news and tell me i dont have to pull the motor to fix it!!! But im about to shop on ebay and see if i can find something and then to the salvage yard tomorrrow to see if there is one there (foot peg and shift componets) This is my first night away from my baby and i dont know what to do i cant sleep im iritable and need to figure how to get her the 30 miles safe to home then how to get to the ins company to get some money for the whole deal.... i dont know what to do (i keep saying that )

I dont know how i got off the bike i had my pack on the back and fron and my laptod still works but i got away !!!! Im home im safe and im greatfull, The whys will eventually come,

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

She's worth her weight in GOLD
If u dont have it already Here is the Service Manual
How To Test the Stator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 AM

that sucks man.....
but, nobody died, and everybody went 'home' safe.. it was a good day.

I hope you're able to fix her and get her back o nthe road soon.

'99 VN750 with 8900 miles and growing (3,111 when I bought it 03-22-08)
Ear shave with Unipods
Drilled mufflers and degoat
TOC springs
N/C Street shield EX windshield
Jumbo Saddleman Highway Studded saddlebags
Willie and Max Saddlebag mounting kit
License plate turn signals
Home made sissy bar
Luggage Rack from Scoop
http://youtube.com/user/99vulcan750
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 AM

Fortunately, it sounds like you have the skill to rebuild her. Rebuilding you would have taken an entirely different skill set, assuming it could have been done at all. Glad to hear that you're safe and that you get her back home soon.

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Rear Turn Signal Relocation
Front Brake Replacement
Spline lube, per Fergy's excellent instructions (that he has posted around here somewhere)
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
Kuryakyn Wide Levers Installed

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 AM

Sorry to hear that bro. That's a tough one. WHY do people drink and drive!?!?!? ITS SO DUMB!!!!
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Simple Solutions

I just hope she (Driver) takes it as a learning experience and grows... The Bike yeah i will start dismantling her as soon as i get her home and as far as me, more shaken then stirred the witnesses say that it was a close one... the moment of impact is a blur i jumped and heard crunch the only thought of me was subconciouse jump...all the other thoughts went to my baby.... she will be ok i will fix her... and for the skill set to fix me I've seen the bolts they put in me when i crashed my first bike i think i could find those at home depot just hit them with a tourch befor install right???? im just a lil delerious....

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

How To Test the Stator
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeeare View Post
...and for the skill set to fix me I've seen the bolts they put in me when i crashed my first bike i think i could find those at home depot just hit them with a tourch befor install right???? im just a lil delerious....
LOL!!! Good to see your sense of humor hasn't suffered...
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Old Twistie Sticks Rider

Location: Country Created by Geniuses, But Run by Idiots...!!!

Awww, sorry man...Ughh, you gotta come out better with the Ins. Co., better than that, that crunch you heard was your back wasn't it??? Seein that the bike was custom, and they don't make them anymore, maybe a new Victory would do as partial payment...lol...
At least you could tell on the new Victory if your poor back would let you ride...
The above was intended as a joke below is not...
Do Not try to be fair with the Ins. Co., if you do, you are beat because they won't try to be fair with you... I guess they expect everyone to try and beat them, so they try to beat everyone... Or at least they have always beat me one way or another...
Good Luck and have a better one...Old Dog...

Southern Central Tennessee.......
Now on the Dark Side......
Girl's Bike 09 Sporty xl 1200 Custom...33k + & clickin......
Sportster Owner/Rider since age 72...lol... Rider since Simplex...???
09-xl1200 "C" Vivid Black, Cast wheels w/19" Frt., SE-Stage 1+, X14iEDs...
MicroTach +, Higher wider H-bars, GPS Mt., Mustach bar Hwy. pegs...
Viking Shock cutout Saddlebags, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, Fork Brace...
RoadKing Air Shocks, Mustang Seat, Progressive Fork Springs...
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Simple Solutions

Thanks Old Dog im savin receipts.... Towing... But i am kinda lost at what to do next?? call the ins or go get quotes or can i get quotes brought to me ? i really don't know where to go next??

Anmd to top it off just got off the phone with the boss and after i said my bike got smashed he said "how you gonna get to work" how the f do u think i'll walk if i have to can u tell me when i work next... IDK again thanks for lettin me vent guys

Stator #3
MF AGM
DeGoated
Ears Shaved
R/R relocated
Rebuilt

How To Test the Stator

Last edited by seebeeare; 03-12-2009 at 11:59 AM.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Hey Seebeeare --

The most important thing is that you were not hurt!

Thanx for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeeare View Post
Some of you know i just put a new larger tank on my bike well i loved it and didnt even get a chance to use a tank of gas not even the milage of the old tank, I was waiting for the ferry and chattin with another kawi rider at the dock tonight when this gold accord came out of nowhere swervin all the way up the ramp im honking and flashin yellin and screaming and i had to abandon ship.... poor poor vulcan im sick im pist im ok there has to be a reason for it.... needless to say i missed the boat and after a long drawn out process of the other bike chacing her down ashe was arrested, I dont know why i was in tears to see her get arrested but her mom brought her down to the dock and was shocked to see her arrested to, a huge dent in the tank (but my welding held !!!) and she completly knocked my footpeg off and snaped my shift rod off at the shifter, Some one here is gonna give me great news and tell me i dont have to pull the motor to fix it!!! But im about to shop on ebay and see if i can find something and then to the salvage yard tomorrrow to see if there is one there (foot peg and shift componets) This is my first night away from my baby and i dont know what to do i cant sleep im iritable and need to figure how to get her the 30 miles safe to home then how to get to the ins company to get some money for the whole deal.... i dont know what to do (i keep saying that )

I dont know how i got off the bike i had my pack on the back and fron and my laptod still works but i got away !!!! Im home im safe and im greatfull, The whys will eventually come,
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Members who have donated towards server costs

The insurance company needs to make you "whole", or as close as possile to how your bike was before the accident. They will pay a shop to fix her. They may not pay for your labor to fix her, but they might. Should you decide to fix her yourself, I would document the time and cost (miles traveled, etc.) you spend getting parts, the cost of materials (welding supplies, new tank, parts, paint, etc.), and be sure to keep all the receipts. If the insurance company needs the originals, have them first give you copies they have signed noting that they are true copies of the original.

Unless they are really stupid, you should have no problems. If they are, mention you have the option of hiring an attorney to represent you, and he/she may not seek as little as you are asking (emotional trauma, added cost of getting home form accident scene, etc.). If they balk, get one. Don't know the laws in your state (you might want to go to your profile and post your location), but in many states, if you prevail in a lawsuit, the loser (her insurance company) has to pay your attorney fees. Many attorneys offer a free initial consultation. You can ask if they would be willing to represent you for no out-of-pocket expenses on your part. This one looks like a slam dunk.

Be lucky you don't live in Louisiana. Around 25% of the drivers on the road don't have ANY INSURANCE! And those figures are from when the economy was good! Saw in the paper the other day a guy was picked up for his 7th DWI and another was arrested for his fourth while waiting on a court date for his third! Of course, neither of them had a license or insurance.

I'm keepin' all the left over parts. I'm gonna use 'em to build another bike!

Old Blue
2001 Honda CMX250 Rebel acquired July, 2008

1987 VN750 project bike, acquired August, 2009, 33,000 miles and balancer sticking out of the case, currently awaiting attention and parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement