What I did and do on my motorbikes beside what you've already done:
- check the brakes, fluid and brakepads (Fluid older than 2-3 years = replacement, brake pads below 2 mm thickness = replacement)
- check the cooling fluid (older than 4 years = replacement)
- check the Fork oil (oil older than 4 years = replacement, Forkseals when leaky = replacement)
- Rear shock (this is a big advantage on the VN 750 because the oil inside the dampers is changeable very easily; after 4 years replacement)
- check the tyre pressure (tyres older than 4-5 years needs to be replaced)
- check and oil the bowden cables (WD 40)
- check the lights
Everything can be done by yourself with the Forum or a Clymers except the replacement of the brake fluid or the brake pads. This should be done together with someone who knows what to do. To replace the brake fluid it is useful to have a third hand. It isn't complicated but you have to trust your brakes in every situation. All these jobs are possible in one day and it isn't expensive.
Last edited by T.o.m; 03-06-2009 at 03:57 AM.