Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

92 Vulcan VN 750 A8

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kristoco 
#1 ·
Hello All!

It's been a bit since I've come on here to chat about what's been going on in my Vulcan's world. So far I have had it 2 years. First year I got it running, Degoated, Ear shaved and dueled out the exhaust. I upped the jets to 142/42 and may go down to a 140/40 set up. I went with a bigger rear tire and moved and replaced the turn signals in the front to the forks to match the height of the rears.
This year I removed the dash and key and replaced the dash with a Koso speedometer combo, I have a digital voltage meter and a round water temp guage. My speedo is mounted on the handlebars where it used to have the Kawasaki logo. I have also used an old set of handlebars to make highway pegs which are welded onto the engine guard. I also eliminated many of the extra wire leads and simplified the harness. I have zero key other than gas tank. everything runs great so far and am hoping that by replacing some wires that heat affected as well as slimming them down overall will help with any charging issues I may have had. I am ordering a half round 13 guage front fender blank next month to add to this years mods.

I am trying to build a photo album for all of these mods and will share this very soon.

I want to thank you all on here. If it weren't for you all I would never have been able to do any of this work!

Thank you!

Kristoco

See less See more
#4 ·
Tried loading pics to the site yet it won't let me. Says I have to contact admin yet the link says it's not accessible. So I'll do it to a folder on my Facebook account and post a link here to this thread or if the mods would move this to that mentioned thread I can post it there.

Thank you all!

#6 ·
Sounds great. All things I wish I could of done but I have very little wrenching experience. Can't wait to see pics! And yea I hated the dash cluster too. My new bike just has one gauge but sadly no fuel gauge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.