Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Looses power in high rpms

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Mark melton 
#1 ·
I have '98 750 I shaved the ears and straight piped it. My rear carb diaphragm is not pulling the metering rod up yet the cylinder seems to run fine with the exception that the bike doesn't seem to have as much pep and in high gear it falls off around 6000 rpm and you do good to get past 6500. The bike starts and idles
fine. There is some back fireing threw exhaust and occasionally carbs at low rpm please help

#4 ·
I'm sorry it takes me so long to reply I'm very busy with kids. I do really appreciate yals input. In regards to your questions #1 your defiantly on to something and I'm like duh. No whoosh. Why didn't I think of that I appreciate you waking me on that one lol.

#6 ·
Wind hitting the vent can create pressure in the fuel bowl and prevent gas from entering. Best spot for the end of the hose is tied to the frame under the tank, or on the blank nipple where the fuel gauge sender is bolted to the bottom of the tank.

Does sound like the diaphragm is cracked or out of position, not sealing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.