Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

New bags and turn signals

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  OlHossCanada 
#1 ·

I had to throw another one in too.I have reinstalled my sport fairing as well ,and the signals are clearance lights for trailers mounted on the bags,although I am going to have to install a new flasher as they blink too fast now. Denny

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good!!!! your bike has given me so many ideas. I really like it .

#3 ·
So Denny, why do the signals flash too fast? Do the clearance/signal lights have more than one bulb in them?

#4 ·
I think they are a sealed light with a smaller wattage bulb than an 1156 they may even be LED but I cant tell ,All I know is they are plenty bright and they flash faster than the old ones,I need to stick an electronic flasher in there,and solve the whole problem. I also installed an LED tailight /brake light BULB,and am looking for an old light diffuser panel out of a fluorescent light to cut out a white/clear lens out for it

#10 ·
I think they are a sealed light with a smaller wattage bulb than an 1156 they may even be LED but I cant tell ,All I know is they are plenty bright and they flash faster than the old ones,I need to stick an electronic flasher in there,and solve the whole problem. I also installed an LED tailight /brake light BULB,and am looking for an old light diffuser panel out of a fluorescent light to cut out a white/clear lens out for it
denny, a lower wattage bulb in the circuit should cause a mechanical flasher, to heat up and cool in a slower flash cycle, not faster. :confused: At least in the old flasher units labeled for 2 bulbs for the car, would flash faster if you hooked up a trailer and added a third bulb, making it higher wattage. Am I missing something obvious here?

I`ve been looking at the Princess Auto sales flyers that come out every 3 or 4 weeks, and wondering how some of the truck and trailer LED signals or clearance lights would work for some extra light on the back of the bike. It looks like you have at least partially answered that question. BTW, it does all look good.

#5 ·
Looks good Denny!!! I like the looks of the fairing with the low bars.And the bags look like they follow the conture of the rear fender pretty well too.Now your giving me Ideas too.

#6 · (Edited)
those came from Viking bag and came with mounting hard ware and supports and were 149.99 shipped to my door the back side is ABs plastic and the bags themselves are pretty rigid,they are Pleather as my daughter calls artificial cow and have straps with quick release buckles and a small place to put a lock on the bottom of the strap ,which is kinda cheesy for an integrated locking system as advertised.They also have velcro around the perimeter of the lids to help with the lid sealing chores,They were kinda pain to put on,but I think I am going to be satisfied with them ,overall I score them 8 /10 Pros, they are roomy, stay shut.priced right and are well made cons: the cheesy locks and the universal bag mounts with figure it out yourself instructions.I 'd buy them again her's a link to the ones I bought,you can get the same bags with studs if you like and there are more expensive ones as well but I think this is about max size for the 750
http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-saddlebags-medium-700-prd1.html

now if I had your pipes .hmmmm, LOL

#8 ·
I have already been to Advance rummaging around,great minds, lol and I was actually thinking of header wrapping completely, now some short chrome tips might not be bad,Hmmmm?maybe time for a rethink?

#9 ·
They have the pencil tip ones with the rolled over end that would look pretty good.I think the wrapped pipes would look good on yours with the low bars,cafe fairing,and blacked out forks.Give it a V-twin street fighter look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.