Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Fathers Day
Thread: Fathers Day
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
OlHossCanada
Linkmeister Supreme

I lost my dad in a trucking accident near Big Timber, Montana on Aug.14, 2001, just 27 days before the planes flew into the twin towers of the World Trade Center on 9-11, 2001. He was just past his 71st birthday, and enjoying being semi-retired, driving tractor-trailer for his cousin, when they were busy hauling annhydrous ammonia fertilizer in the spring and fall, and helping other friends and neighbors, who weren`t as able as he was to get around.

For the 10 or 12 years before he died, I used to stop by for at least a few minutes, almost every afternoon to visit with him in the yard or garage, on my way home from work. We would share a joke, or laugh about something Paul Harvey had said that day on his News and Commentary or the Rest of the Story. We had such a similar sense of humor, a love of country and western music and other interests, that we never really tired of one anothers company. I was lucky that he and I never had a falling out when I was a teenager, as it seems so many young folks do.

So all of you lucky enough to still have your father, (or other father figure) around, make sure you visit or call him on the phone this weekend, and tell him how much he means to you. Fathers aren`t so good at accepting compliments as Mothers are, and he will probably act like it is nothing special, but deep down he will be really pleased that you took the time to show you cared.

Now you who are fathers and grandfathers, like I am, accept any compliments graciously this Fathers Day, by simply saying "Thank you", if nothing else comes to mind. You may never know the influence you have on your children, just by your being there. You are an important person in their lives.

I give a big X2 to everything that John, rubyrick and jthill said previously in their posts.

Happy Fathers Day to you all!!

Gordon

1991 VN 750 -"Cosmic Lady" or "Bad Girl"?
Purchased May 16, 2008
Approx.19,300km (12,000 miles)

H-D windshield
Relocated R/R
MF-AGM battery
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
F&S luggage rack and engine guard
Kury Offset Hiway pegs
July 13, 2016, Riding on the DARKSIDE now, Classic Radial 165/80-15

TOP TEN THINGS A NEW RIDER/OWNER SHOULD DO. Click on link.
https://www.vn750.com/forum/11-vn750-general-discussion/9127-top-ten-items-you-would-suggest-new-owner-do-his-new-ride.html

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome