Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

next question

892 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  J.D. 
#1 ·
OK I ordered the Clucth cover gasket been doin alot of reading on it doesn't seem like it will be to bad. I am waitin on a voltage reader to test the stator. So i now ask the best why to get the decal off the tank? I was thinking heat gun but everyone looks at me funny. :pepper: I gotta say i am so happy this place is here i can ask anything i want even if it is a stupid question. LOL :motorcycl

#2 · (Edited)
You can use a heat gun or buy some 3M Woodgrain and stripe remover. Most auto parts stores and automotive paint suppliers carry it.

http://www.levineautoparts.com/3mwoandstre.html

If the decal has clear coat over it none of the above will work.

#3 ·
I took mine off with Fishing line ,it was metal with the two sided tape,If yours has just thin decals the heat gun or hairdryer and old fashioned patience works best and does no harm

#5 ·
cool beans!!!

#6 ·
I'm gonna assume by decal, you mean the Vulcan badge? Monofilament fishing line, as Denny said, and a squirt or two of WD-40 if it's being stubborn.

If you mean the large color decal, that's under the clearcoat; aint no easy way for gettin' that off.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.