Status
Not open for further replies.

2002 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan for Sale $1200

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Knifemaker 
#1 · (Edited)
not selling at this time

not selling at this time

#4 · (Edited)
You know you can do the work yourself, right? It isn't a $500 job.

You didn't even do the testing properly from what I can tell. If you stop spazzing, slow down, and take your time diagnosing the issue, you'll find the problem.

I too get frustrated over mechanical problems, but they're not unique to this bike. Stuff just happens!

#6 ·
Again, have you made any attempt to reach out to the person that did the work? Calmly explain what's happening and give them the opportunity to resolve it instead of clamoring about how you got screwed.

#7 ·
Them good tires he spoke of are starting to show stress cracks and the rear one has a plug in it

As this bike sits i would give no more than 600 for it

#10 ·
I have a plug in my rear ME880 with probably more than 10,000 miles of tread life left. Tire is less than 3 years old. I found a small nail in it while inspecting the tires at home. Tire had not lost any air. No cracks, bike is always parked indoors. I also put Ride-On sealant in the rear tire as backup for the plug. I used the sticky rope type plug and installed it properly. It has about 4,000 miles on the plug. Even while sitting in the house for nearly 11 months waiting to be put back together, both tires still had over 25 psi in them. I would not trust a plug that anyone but a tire shop or myself installed, and shops will not repair a motorcycle tire. Cracks are bad news, they usually mean old tires, which have probably hardened and won't provide the traction they are supposed to.

#11 ·
I still stand by my comment that I would not ride a cycle with a plugged tire no matter who installed it. I worked in a gas station for severaal years and patched my fair share of tires. We never plugged them ev en back then forty some years ago. No need to start it now.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc
#12 ·
I have two plugged tires on my car and I have no worries. I have ridden bikes with plugged tires and never had a problem. And the only problem I had with patches was when they were on the side of a radial tire. But if you don't feel comfortable with plugs don't ride on them. I'm not trying to get anyone to use them.

#13 ·
I,ve had many offers to buy it for $1200. I,ve also had many mechanics tell me that you probably switch motors and put in a short block. because no one would split a case for $500, maybe $1500, but not $500. I was gonna buy you a rear tire for your vulcan, and am glad I did,nt. I have no idea what you did to my motor. I know that when you got it the stator work fine. you people on here can talk ****, as much as you like. As far as a 750 Vulcan goes. this is the biggest piece of **** I,ve ever bought, every week there,s a new problem. When I sell it for $1800. it won,t be to any VN750 member. GOOD BYE !!!

#14 ·
Best of luck, hah. :rockon:

#18 ·
Sounds like he didn't do anything ....other than buy a fkd up bike, tried to get it fixed for cheap, and is pissed that it's still fkd up. No real proof the stator is bad, but that's as far as he wants to go with it. If someone gives him 1800 bucks for it and the stator is bad....he's just screwing the buyer ....just like when he bought it.
Folks all here seemed willing to help, but he now feels persecuted.

Some folks just have issues, glad to see him go....

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.