Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

White Smoke from both exhaust pipes and front of bike...

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  A6ULdv8 
#1 ·
Started my 1992 up today and after about 15 seconds of warming up white smoke came from both exhaust pipes and when I shut it down some smoke started coming from the front of the bike (somewhere behind where the air filter assembly is). Any ideas?

#8 ·
X2 ,mine did too

#9 ·
Mine starts and runs a few minutes until it gets up to running temp and then starts to smoke from both pipes as well.
Although it having set for several years, after rebuilding the carbs before starting it, I poured automatic trans fluid into the cylinders, let it set a couple of days, then added more before finally turning it over with the plugs out. It shot the ATF out both sides but I figure sent some out of the exhaust valve as well. When I finally fired it up, it of course smoked like hell for a bit but then cleared up.
I figured that this smoking once warmed up now was just some of the ATF that had soaked into the baffles vaporizing once the mufflers get hot. Thing is, I drove it past that point till it quit smoking again a couple of times thinking that should have been the end of it. Well, it is still doing it.
I am now beginning to wonder if there is something else wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.