Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums - View Single Post - Stealership Rant and a good Day's Work
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Fire Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergy View Post
More and more, I think we are the only ones who know how to lube splines! Even the Honda dealership right down the road has no idea about it, and I believe every cruiser they have on the floor is shaft drive. I figure a very small percentage of owners of shaft drive bikes are having this done according to their service schedule.
You know, I think that you're right here. I have a Honda shop up the road from me, and went there to get the Moly 60. When I asked where it was, they had no clue what I was even talking about. I went to the rack where I'd seen it before and it wasn't there. They tried to sell me lithium grease and the like, but I knew what I was looking for. Finally, they found a tube of it on the very back of the rack, behind various other tubes of non-moly goo. The packaging had dust on it, for crying out loud!!

--FA

K.J. "Fire Ant" Lord
VROC #28807
Decatur, TX
'03 VN750 "Serenity"

Rear Turn Signal Relocation
Front Brake Replacement
Spline lube, per Fergy's excellent instructions (that he has posted around here somewhere)
Kevlar Clutch Plates
Metzeler ME880 Tires
Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
ACCTs Rebuilt
Saddlemen Explorer Seat
MCCTs Installed
Kuryakyn Wide Levers Installed

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome