The stickies are out of control - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums
Suggestions / Tech Support / Site Help Having technical problems with the forum?
Can we make the site any better? Have a suggestion? Let us know.
Testing Grounds - <<-- Test your signatures and avatars here

3Likes
  • 2 Post By ruger
  • 1 Post By Vulcan2000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
I'm a rider

Garage
The stickies are out of control

In the electrical forum for instance, the stickies take up half the page.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

Here is what we do on my home forum. Simply make ONE sticky linking any sticky worthy threads with a short description, usually the thread title.

1981 KZ750
1988 Vulcan VN750 (red)
2005 Vulcan VN750 (silver)
(2) 1994 Vulcan VN750 (red)

Engineering solutions for the VN750 Community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey,

It'd be best to ask the mod team about this. They'd be the ones that could best decide what stickies they should keep/get rid of.

If you need Admin support pleas epost here:
https://www.vn750.com/forum/10-sugges...ort-site-help/
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:22 PM
Headbanger/Popes of Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Hey,

It'd be best to ask the mod team about this. They'd be the ones that could best decide what stickies they should keep/get rid of.
The way I see it is..........if it's a "Sticky", it's a Sticky for a good reason and I see no Good reason to get rid of it. In other words.......if it's not broken, DON'T FIX IT!

if it goes vroom or boom, I LIKE IT!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:38 AM
2000 VN 750 Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger View Post
The way I see it is..........if it's a "Sticky", it's a Sticky for a good reason and I see no Good reason to get rid of it. In other words.......if it's not broken, DON'T FIX IT!
X2 Ruger is absolutely correct in his "if it's not broken, DON'T FIX IT!" reply. I agree as too much seems to have been changed with no improvement over the days since this was a truly active forum. My next comment is not aimed at any one particular member in any shape or form but I am not sure why there are so many that want to change things from how they were years ago when the membership was much higher and the daily activity was much greater. There are reasons for the membership to decrease and the sole reason is not the age of the machine it represents. Within its own limitations it is a strong bike in its own right. I have not witnessed any major improvement to the forum in some time now and when I check back in from time to time the threads have the same people starting and responding. True active membership seems to be down to a point that can be counted on two hands with a few fingers left over. Seems the only ones that are satisfied with the present membership situation are the silent owners that are sitting back doing very little except counting the money. Before I get replies about that comment I do agree they have evey right to run their business as they see fit. Maybe some effort should be put into increasing the activity of the present membership which in turn will increase newer members to join besides getting the present membership out where they will bring about a renewed vitality to this machine. There are new riders starting out and looking for a good starter machine everyday. Most don't know the VN 750 at all. Don't change what really works.
roadpouring likes this.

and always remember, "Ride until you rot!"
**Really not sure if the Big "C" is back right now
but having to face the fact that this is a lifetime routine
going forward. Five operations done and it still continues.

Tom
Vulcan 2000
New ride: 2009 Victory Vision Arlen Ness Signature Series
4507 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement