1st Time Carb Removal - HELP ! - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

Go Back   Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums > Technical Forum > Carbs and Fuel System

Carbs and Fuel System
From the gas tank to the carbs
All fuel system discussion

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Love it or Leave it

ssmendez is on a distinguished road
1st Time Carb Removal - HELP !

I have finally decided to go for it.After pondering the idea for months,I have decided to do the job myself.All went well tonight.I have accomplished alot.I am now at the point of removing the thermostat housing.I am also ready to disconnect the hoses from the surge tank.My question is,where the hose connects to the surge tank at the top,there is a ring-looking thing with two prongs.How do I take this ring off safely?I am so close to getting this done,[removing the carbs]and I havent lost my mind at all yet! Im at the stage,where I need to be able to lift the surge tank up and make room for the carb removal. Please share your wisdom on this final stage. You guys are the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2006, 02:05 AM
and the Adventure Cycle

hyperbuzzin will become famous soon enoughhyperbuzzin will become famous soon enough
Is the ring you refer to the one that kind of looks like it has Mickey Mouse ears ?
If so, just sqeeze the two ears together then move it up or down the tube, whichever's easier. As long as it's no longer holding the tube to anything, you're good to go.

AKA: Tim & 'The Adventure Cycle' VROC #24567, NEVROC, SteelCity VROC

"When life throws you curves,
Aim for the apex."

Author Unknown

.......... Vulcan Verses - Table of Contents ..........
Old 09-13-2006, 04:01 AM

azeller22 is on a distinguished road
Once to that stage, it takes some muscle and twisting of the carbs. On the front cylinder, leave the "carb-to-cylinder boot" on the front cylinder. On the rear cylinder, leave the boot on the carburetor. You can leave the throttle and choke cables connected. Remove the carbs towards the right side of the bike. I tilt the top of the carbs slightly to the right and perform some magical twisting motions and at times lift up on the surge tank and the carbs come off.

It takes me no more than 5 minutes. I leave the thermostat housing and choke and throttle cables in place.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:48 PM

adwalker67 is on a distinguished road
Can you come do your magic twist on my carbs? I may have jacked up by leaving both boots on the cylenders.....idk prolly try and get the rear boot back on the carb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement