Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Found Carb Rebuild Kit

17K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  K2unit3d 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Nice find OHWT. I saved the site too.

Maybe I am just a bit dense this morning, but can anyone tell me what the *intake boot rubber plugs* listed below are for? :confused:
http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=3978

KAWASAKI INTAKE BOOT RUBBER PLUGS

Part No. 11-4792
Model SEE DETAILS
Make KAWASAKI
Part Carburetor Repair Kits
Price $ 12.50
Year SEE DETAILS
Status IN STOCK

Description

KAWASAKI CARBURETOR HOLDER PORT RUBBER PLUGS
Part# 11-4972 (you get 4 plugs)
Does HOLDER mean it is just a "foot" or something to support the carb body on the bench while working on it?

#5 · (Edited)
I think these are just vacuum plugs that go on the vac ports on the carbs, if my eye sight isnt failing me today :)
eh.... eh....Me Thinks (The Canada folks fir ya )

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I didn`t realize there were two vacuum ports on each carb. I know the right side carb vacuum port needs to be plugged when the ears are shaved, the left goes to the petcock, but I`m not sure where the others are??? I remember stuff like that a lot better after I have actually worked on the bike and not just reading about it or looking at pictures. :)

#9 ·
Thanks guys. I didn`t realize there were two vacuum ports on each carb.
Near as I can tell, there ain't. Leastwise, not on any of the half dozen sets I've got sitting here.

#8 ·
Tis ok OlHossCanada, sometime i forgets which handle bar has the start button on it YooooHooooo.

#10 ·
Maybe they just didn't want to sell a single plug... or maybe they're for something completely different and we're wrong thinking they're for the vacuum port. Cause yea, you'd only need one for the right carb.

#12 ·
I wondered too because there are only two vac ports on our bikes. One on each carb. I've been intimate with them and that's all there is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.