Why do I have to double click on back arrow [Archive] - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum : Kawasaki VN750 Forums

: Why do I have to double click on back arrow

OlHossCanada
12-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I have been having an issue with the back arrow for a few months now, in that I have to double click it every time to go back one page. I don`t think it was this way when I joined the forum back in August, but may have started after one of the forum software upgrades. :confused: Is this problem unique to my computer or does everyone else experience it too?

bigrepp61
12-27-2008, 05:14 PM
same problem here.. just too lazy to say antything about it

niterider
12-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Me too.

750Doug
12-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Have you tried clearing your temp files and cookies lately? That might help, just be sure you only have the one browser window open when you do it.

I have not experienced that problem myself here, or anywhere anytime recently...

antiq
12-27-2008, 06:55 PM
If you post it has to go back two pages.

shark88
12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
same problem here

kanuck69
12-27-2008, 09:02 PM
If you post it has to go back two pages.Not true. I have to double back any time with the back key.

antiq
12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I just tried it. No problems. One click back with no post. But I use Firefox as my browser.

kanuck69
12-27-2008, 10:44 PM
IE7 here, there & yahoo at work. All the same for me.

bullwinkle
12-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Just one click here, Works with one click using my 5 button mouse too. using Opera and Firefox.

BMan23777
12-28-2008, 01:50 AM
Gotta double click it here too!!! IE7

rnewell
12-28-2008, 08:07 AM
Two clicks. Vista and IE 7

hyperbuzzin
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't think we have a Gremlin bell hanging from the site server. That's probably the reason!!

I have to double click too, IE7 & Vista

OlHossCanada
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Have you tried clearing your temp files and cookies lately? That might help, just be sure you only have the one browser window open when you do it.

I have not experienced that problem myself here, or anywhere anytime recently...

Thanks for all the replies guys, at least I know that I`m not the only one experiencing this. Doug is very likely right, I need to do some sweeping out of the `puter files. So what`s new, my office and desk could use the same treatment! LOL :rockon:. Happy New Year to all you Vulcaners. Stay safe.

Old Dog
12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, at least I know that I`m not the only one experiencing this. Doug is very likely right, I need to do some sweeping out of the `puter files. So what`s new, my office and desk could use the same treatment! LOL :rockon:. Happy New Year to all you Vulcaners. Stay safe.
Same from here, on the double click and the Happy New Year too...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

750Doug
12-30-2008, 06:30 AM
This might help too- CCleaner download (http://www.ccleaner.com/download)

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

pappa
01-02-2009, 02:24 AM
Have a look at your recent pages list (the dropdown list next to your back/forward button in IE7). I always have there something like http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/cpa/ as the previous page. I thought it has something to do with showing ads on the forum pages, and that for some reason it just doesn't work for me. Seems like it's not working to you either. How is this great forum financed if there are no ads? DMAG should be able to explain this?

DMAG
01-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Hmmmm...I'll look into this. I use Firefox excluesively and I only have to click once.

jahaukom
01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
i thought it was just both of my pcs, its just kinda weird no big.

lance328
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I have been having an issue with the back arrow for a few months now, in that I have to double click it every time to go back one page. I don`t think it was this way when I joined the forum back in August, but may have started after one of the forum software upgrades. :confused: Is this problem unique to my computer or does everyone else experience it too?

It's a vast left wing conspiricy, Washington has implemented their NEW policy! Twice is their new motto!! Twice is their new motto!! Twice the spending, Twice the taxes, twice the unemployment, twice the corruption, and twice the bullsh!t. If it doesn't work the first time, let's do it all over again!! Welcome to 2009!!ROTFLMAO :hitanykey :doh: :lockd: :smiley_th :rockon::beerchug:

IIonPilgrimg
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I've noted this too: IE7.0.5730.11

It's not Washington DC, it's BillGates-ville, Wasington...
Don't forget: double system-updates, too.

Incidentally, there's no 'post-date' on anything here.
Can't tell if the thread is new or pre-MS-DOS.

750Doug
02-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Incidentally, there's no 'post-date' on anything here.
Can't tell if the thread is new or pre-MS-DOS.

You can't see the post date (and time) just above the posters screen-name?

hyperbuzzin
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
You can't see the post date (and time) just above the posters screen-name?

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z280/hyperbuzzin/PostDate.jpg

bigrepp61
02-24-2009, 11:38 PM
ok ive figured it out... its something with the newest version of IE... i bombed my old computer cuz it was so virus and worm ridden it was a big paper weight.... now when i reloaded xp it had like IE 4 on it... i went onto the site and no bouble back click... it worked on the first click... then i downloaded the newest verson of IE and back to the double back click.... its something to do with the new internet explorer seeing as the people with firefox dont have that problem..

Ccspinner
02-25-2009, 12:35 AM
I just downloaded Firefox and it seem faster and I only have to do one back click.
Dam IE7